Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riblet Roblet

Strong Determination Sitting Nuances

1 post in this topic

I'm new to Strong Determination Sitting and was wondering how strict everyone is when doing it. When you are attempting to focus on not moving anything at all, how far do you take it?

I sat the other day for 30 mins and my throat became dry and I felt compelled to swallow. Does that not count? Am I just supposed to sit with the feeling of of a dry throat and the feeling of not being able to breathe? technically swallowing is moving your jaw and tongue.

I try and rationalize it by saying I would suffocate if I didn't swallow, but deep down I'm feeling this doesn't count and my concentration and will power need to improve.

Where's the limit? Like if your mouth just fills up with saliva, just sit with the saliva and don't swallow right? I can see that, but feeling like you can't breath and needing to adjust your tongue a hair, or taking a deep belly breath seem borderline.

I'm kind of taking this more as just the intention to remain still is the most important thing to focus on but it seems like pain for a lot of people is triggering things to happen so I don't want to spoil a meditation with something as minor as swallowing or tongue movement.