RickyBalboa

Dealing with sinus issues.

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been dealing with sinus issues for the past year. Often waking up with soar throat deep down.  Not just the back of the throat. I've been doing lots of yoga and stretching over this time. I feel that since my body has been becoming more aligned and my throat chakra probably more centered that Im revealing part of my inner throat that was previously pinched or pushed over and not receiving full use. I will often have to hock up loogies in the morning to stop the soreness/burning/dryness. I feel like the mucus gets stuck in my throat and irritates it. As if my mucus is slightly acidic and just sitting in one position during the night which causes such irritation. Could opening chakras have an effect on the body thats physiological in nature causing problems like the one I am suffering. 

Any insights would be appreciated. 

Mucous is actually alkaline, it is an immunological defence response to something else that is irritating you. There are lots of reasons why you would get congested. 

• excessive metabolic acidity (from foods, environment etc...). Your body migt be producing mucous to protect your respiratory mucosal lining. 
  • allergies - excessive mucous is often result of these
  • intolerances to certain foods (e.g. histamine, salicylates, some proteins, eggs, dairy etc...)
  • ongoing inflammation in the upper respiratory tract
  • environmental pollution
  • smoking / alcohol / other nasty habit

I would probably start to observe if there is any connection to particular foods, spices or something that you do. Watch for any gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating, burping, gas, abdominal pain (uper = stomach, lower = small/large intestine)

Try to increase intake of alkaline foods such as fruits and vegetables

Get checked for signs of systemic inflammation in the body

Good luck !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus