ndalian

How To Use Time Strategically

11 posts in this topic

It is overwhelming to have so much information and resources for learning in our days. I often guilt myself in to wasting time researching or reading or even doing things that essentially are not relevant to the subject of my pursuit (or so I think?).   And because we all have very limited time every day that we can spend on our varies pursuits (By that I mean absolutely anything that you want to achieve… Like write a book, learn a new skill, finish your personal project, launch a YouTube Channel, become fitter and healthier…) it is important to spread that time in a way that can maximise the result.

How to manage that? How do I know, that what I’m doing right now is not procrastination, a comforting get away from my main objective?

15 minutes ago, ndalian said:

It is overwhelming to have so much information and resources for learning in our days. I often guilt myself in to wasting time researching or reading or even doing things that essentially are not relevant to the subject of my pursuit (or so I think?).   And because we all have very limited time every day that we can spend on our varies pursuits (By that I mean absolutely anything that you want to achieve… Like write a book, learn a new skill, finish your personal project, launch a YouTube Channel, become fitter and healthier…) it is important to spread that time in a way that can maximise the result.

How to manage that? How do I know, that what I’m doing right now is not procrastination, a comforting get away from my main objective?

I'm trying to resolve this same issue, I think its looking at the big picture each day, also anything that is outside what you "should" be doing should be considered comfort unless this other thing fits in with your intentions or goals in some form but even this can create excuses so.. Hope others can shed some more light on this as I also try to figure this out. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Just now, Truth said:

I'm trying to resolve this same issue, I think its looking at the big picture each day, also anything that is outside what you "should" be doing should be considered comfort unless this other thing fits in with your intentions or goals in some form. Hope others can shed some more light on this as I also try to figure this out. 

Thank you , Actually I thought about that, sometimes what I should be doing feels comfortable, because I have finally achieved something or have created something that I feel like a step forward for my pursuit (Or is it though?)... so this is where it gets confusing... It doesn't feel comfortable all the time, but when does how do I know that this isn't procrastination?

36 minutes ago, ndalian said:

Thank you , Actually I thought about that, sometimes what I should be doing feels comfortable, because I have finally achieved something or have created something that I feel like a step forward for my pursuit (Or is it though?)... so this is where it gets confusing... It doesn't feel comfortable all the time, but when does how do I know that this isn't procrastination?

I think Eben Pagan could bring some new insight into this --> https://www.youtube.com/user/EbenPaganMedia/videos

I think a big part is get done what you know has to get done each day without question ie your "ritual", the stuff you know is gonna grow you, Get that done first (habits) the biggest priorities and the biggest opportunities with some time management structures that Eben Pagan talks about, He talks about a "success ritual" a "Prioritization System" and "Ultra Successful Time Managment System" are some videos to start looking at.

This video is actually very helpful and incredibly insightful I just came across 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Day Planner, Vision Board, Calendar, Working in block time (60-90 minutes with 10-15 minute breaks), Weekly agenda. You just have to brainstorm things

33 minutes ago, Truth said:

I think Eben Pagan could bring some new insight into this --> https://www.youtube.com/user/EbenPaganMedia/videos

I think a big part is get done what you know has to get done each day without question ie your "ritual", the stuff you know is gonna grow you, Get that done first (habits) the biggest priorities and the biggest opportunities with some time management structures that Eben Pagan talks about, He talks about a "success ritual" a "Prioritization System" and "Ultra Successful Time Managment System" are some videos to start looking at.

This video is actually very helpful and incredibly insightful I just came across 

Wow this is interesting... Thanks.. Let me check it out.

21 minutes ago, JevinR said:

Day Planner, Vision Board, Calendar, Working in block time (60-90 minutes with 10-15 minute breaks), Weekly agenda. You just have to brainstorm things

Thank you JevinR. But the problem that I'm having is not time management or planning how you spend your time. It's more about trusting yourself to be competent to create the planning and management in a way that maximises what you ultimately want to achieve. I'm talking about researching and youtubeing and going to forums with the purpose to find information and to study the subject only to realise that you being procrastinated by walking away from the main focus of you pursuit... 

For me an example of that would be is that I want to Launch an animation YouTube channel for entertainment. My pursuit and passion is creating my own stories, characters and building my own animated series. By using YouTube I want to shear it with the world and ultimately create an animated in a form of an online business, that could fully support me. So I started researching YouTube marketing and online presence and then realised that I don't even have a Pitch for my show and all of my character are underdeveloped, so I though I should go back to the main passion of mine.... a few days working on that I stumbled across an article about animation YouTube channel and how they are not the best approach to raise your awareness on YouTube if you want to be successful in running your own YouTube channel. So I thought maybe I should research how to promote content on YouTube first, so I can develop stories in my show that can appeal to my YouTube audience. And now this became chaos… Jumping to one topic in to another… Week after week and I haven’t progressed with my pitch yet.

@ndalian Before you do anything, write down what is to be accomplished. Procrastination simply happens because you lose a one minded stilness, try writing down what you need to get done, and put a timer for when it is to be done. This way you have a deadline and you will be on track.

4 minutes ago, JevinR said:

@ndalian Before you do anything, write down what is to be accomplished. Procrastination simply happens because you lose a one minded stilness, try writing down what you need to get done, and put a timer for when it is to be done. This way you have a deadline and you will be on track.

Thank you. I do have a plan and it is all well written as far as I think.... The problem is that I change this plan all the time, because I start to doubt it as soon as I see articles like this... :( Because I created this plan myself and I generally don't trust myself as I'm not a professional at this. (I mean I don't know how to run a YouTube channel in a way that it can basically become your business... Plus I have never build a fully functional animation series)

@ndalian You need seek this knowledge some how, where their is a will their is a way. Seek mentors and teachers, somebody who would be really good with this kind of stuff.

1 minute ago, JevinR said:

@ndalian You need seek this knowledge some how, where their is a will their is a way. Seek mentors and teachers, somebody who would be really good with this kind of stuff.

Thank JevinR, I think you're on the money here.... :) I need to find someone else to share my project with, so I can have a second opinion on the management of the plan and progression of it. Like a producer I guess... Actually that gives me a lot to thin about... Thank you guys.