Gerhard

Is anyone here an expert on a topic who would be interested in a written interview?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've just started writing for a blog website I've created - I'm just getting started, and I'm just interested in being creative and connecting with the world at large for the moment. I've been creating a variety of content, but I was thinking it would be fun to create an interview style post or two - depending on how many people are interested.

I was wondering if anyone on here is an expert of some kind, and maybe even engaged in some kind of start up in that field - if you would be interested in a written interview? I obviously don't have a huge following or anything, but a few hundred people should read it hopefully, and I'd of course like to link to any of your online work. It won't be a huge breakthrough for your endeavour, but it never hurts to have some legitimate backlinks to your content.

If you are interested, let me know what field you are an expert in, and maybe link to some of your content if applicable? I'll PM you some questions soon, and then we can reply to each other until we feel we have enough material for a post. If for any reason you don't like the result, I will of course remove the interview :)

Anything to do with spirituality and self help would be perfect, but I'm open to any topic really, as long as it's interesting for the lay person. I'm also happy for anonymous interviews if you would prefer.

I hope to hear back from someone and hopefully create some sweet, sweet content together! I'm going to bed soon here in Australia, so I may not reply until tomorrow. The website btw is in the link of my signature if anyone is interested before doing the interview.

(If Leo reads this, that would be an awesome interview! But I'm sure he's pretty busy too :P)

Leo has specified that he will only accept interviews with someone who has a "proven, strong audience" in his "Contact" page.

This will be the case with most big names. You'll have to claw your way to the spotlight before experienced people will talk to you.

At this point, you have 2 clear options (and perhaps more, but I don't see them right now):

1) Interview non-experts

2) Personally reach out to experts with a direct message which shows them that you're not just spamming or casting a wide net. (e.g. "Hi [name], I love what you do, [say EXACTLY why], it would be an honor to have you on..." etc.) Experts tend to be busy, have a keen bullshit radar, and despise feeling used. Typically, you will have to go to them. You can't expect them to come to you. This also means that you will have to expect rejections.

You can do both of these approaches at the same time while starting out. Just keep in mind that by writing a blog, you are stepping into the arena of entrepreneurship, willingly or not.

This means you will have to fight for attention, and be smart about forging connections.

Good luck! 

It's Love.

Hey RendHeaven,

Thank you for your reply, you make some good points. Reaching out to content creators is actually a good idea - I could look for people with 0 to 100 subscribers and hopefully find someone interesting.

Just to clarify, I should maybe have said this more clearly, I'm not looking for like a 'famous' expert - I just meant someone who has spent a lot of their time on a topic. Some hypothetical examples, someone who nearly went pro in sport, any professional really in an interesting field, someone who has been doing a particular hobby for some years, etc. 

But I do appreciate your advice, that is something I will definitely look at.