Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jivvie

How I went from Walmart to Web Developer

1 post in this topic

Misleading title. I still work at Walmart overnight. I probably will for the next 1-2 months. Then back to college. Yes, I’ve had previous experience and I am a pretty good Web Developer in all, and I could lose the job today, who knows? But to me, the most valuable moment of this journey was when I received that letter, “We have chose you to be our Web Developer.” I didn’t accept right away. In fact, I stood there staring at the ceiling for a couple hours. 

This is mostly about how I am learning to Master Orange in spiral dynamics. If you do not know what I mean then seek out Leo’s video on Spiral Dynamics and its Applications or Spiral Dynamics text by Beck via amazon. Strongly recommend The Crucible by the scholar as well. Brilliant insights. 

This is a simple understanding and I realized this while stocking shelves at Walmart. “You have the choice to play the game as a God or ignore it completely.” That’s it. That’s it! 

But wait, that’s too simple, it was for me. It didn’t ding until I thought of a game I played a couple months back or so. It was called Pillars of Eternity I believe. In this game you play alongside Gods and in theory, you pretty much are one. You are part of a council that is trying to stop a necessary “evil.” That’s all great and all but that should be ignored. The important part here is that you are a God and the universe obviously needs you. Politics aside. It’s a game. So these people give you a choice at the start of the game. You either deny because you’re tired of the bs because to you, things are fine as is or you fight for the peons(humanity) for the greater “good.” 

Oh boy, the choices aren’t the best part. The best part is how the game handled not choosing to help. The game ends. You go straight to the credits. You choose to chill and not struggle and hey, you don’t play the game. Essentially, you did best you could. Life went on and you lived your best life. 

How did this help me? Well, I got crazy enlightened all at once. I realized that me sitting on my ass and being okay with a crap job and riding the bus and getting a gf and sex, and masturbation, and man all that noise. It’s all just part of a game that I HAVE control over. I can decide to chill and let people struggle or I can transcend and help them consciously. I can be toxic or I can be positive.  My decisions to be successful or a better person is all just a part of my imagination. That’s when I understood Orange. That’s when I actually became ambitious without the toxicity. Of course I had to work my ass off afterwards by reading books daily and programming a lot but hey, it worked for me. ?

Hope it helps someone. 

Godspeed. 

PS: Never finished that game. Uninstalled after the credits.