Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IVONNE

What To Do When Your Partner Ignores You?

5 posts in this topic

The situation is that we've been seeing each other 4 times in one year and seems like i made the decision to keep it stronger as i knew it'll work if we focuss on it more. then it became stronger obviously.  One day, i told him that i expected to see him more and he said that it dont matter because we are strong. Last week, i stayed silent for a week as i wanted to see how things would happen just like a movie, who would reply first.But then, at the end of the week, He still did not read it. He basically ignored it. Even though his been online a few hours ago but simply did not open  "my box chat". Out of strengh and patience, i had to release my feelings so I sent an email saying that his been speaking to me when he has time and then disappears till wherever work,friends till another month again. i also prayed because i cant take this and i dont know if he sees it because his tooo confident... to the point my intuition and gut feeling had to say this. And this  silence  is been like this for another 3 days again. and came to a point and realization that first, things wont go the way i want and second, what will change, third, how? I dont want to be hurt. that is my biggest fear probably that is why i like being single as im out of problems, even though he first came to my life in the first place and will and always be the one i loved. i keep thinking what did i do to make him silent. By the way we always respected and loved each other. But there is nothing i can do with whats been happening lately and i have to move on and stop caring too much. i dont know if its his ego or what his after. any suggestions/ideas, it would be really helpful

1 hour ago, IVONNE said:

The situation is that we've been seeing each other 4 times in one year and seems like i made the decision to keep it stronger as i knew it'll work if we focuss on it more. then it became stronger obviously.  One day, i told him that i expected to see him more and he said that it dont matter because we are strong. Last week, i stayed silent for a week as i wanted to see how things would happen just like a movie, who would reply first.But then, at the end of the week, He still did not read it. He basically ignored it. Even though his been online a few hours ago but simply did not open  "my box chat". Out of strengh and patience, i had to release my feelings so I sent an email saying that his been speaking to me when he has time and then disappears till wherever work,friends till another month again. i also prayed because i cant take this and i dont know if he sees it because his tooo confident... to the point my intuition and gut feeling had to say this. And this  silence  is been like this for another 3 days again. and came to a point and realization that first, things wont go the way i want and second, what will change, third, how? I dont want to be hurt. that is my biggest fear probably that is why i like being single as im out of problems, even though he first came to my life in the first place and will and always be the one i loved. i keep thinking what did i do to make him silent. By the way we always respected and loved each other. But there is nothing i can do with whats been happening lately and i have to move on and stop caring too much. i dont know if its his ego or what his after. any suggestions/ideas, it would be really helpful

it appears that the problem is not yours but his, you wanted it to be more, and he isnt responding . If he has been on line and did not respond to you it says a lot.  He may be involved with someone else, or even more than one other.  If his ego and confidence has no respect for you, its time for you to pull back and take a long look at things,  You need to understand and know more about this guy because there is a problem for him to do you this way, in reality he may only be using you until he figures out what he wants and some men like several women.  You dont sound naive, but it is easy for younger women to be very naive in relationships.  If he isnt giving you love and respect, communication, there is something else going on.  Detach from it and see where it goes.  A word of advice if the man you want to be with dont respect you, openly show you love, communicate with you on all levels of your being,  he is going to hurt you.  You are better off by yourself at peace than be in a disturbing unfulfilling relationship.  

@charlie2dogs Thanks allot. i think the exact same way but we were in a commitment and i definitely told him way before that this is a serious relationship. no games involved and he definitely agreed. my point is that THIS LIFE IN GENERAL DOES THINGS LIKE THIS OR SIMILAR WAYS TO US.

thanks you so much charlie x:)

1 minute ago, IVONNE said:

@charlie2dogs Thanks allot. i think the exact same way but we were in a commitment and i definitely told him way before that this is a serious relationship. no games involved and he definitely agreed. my point is that THIS LIFE IN GENERAL DOES THINGS LIKE THIS OR SIMILAR WAYS TO US.

thanks you so much charlie x:)

another thing i want to add is this, men lack the ability to love, women are more loving by nature, but men have a lot of reasons for seeking a woman, and for the man often it is just infatuation or wanting sex, a lot of women get hurt because men are like that.  A lot of women end up alone with children to raise by themselves or with the help of another man.  Men by nature generally dont have real love to take to the relationship.  I hope you will take the time to take a real good look at the nature of the man you become involved with, so that you wont be hurt in the process like many others.  You have your whole life ahead of you look deeper inside of yourself, your help and guidance can come from there and it wont lead you astray,  just take your time, often things will reveal themselves to you if given a little time , good luck

@IVONNE Hi Ivonne, what we want, and what is, sometimes are two different things.  You can't make someone call you, message you, think of you more etc.  That is up to them.  What I find is the only thing I can do when in that same position as you, is to realize they have the freedom to do what they want.  I now realize I wouldn't want anyone to be in my life just because I want them there.  I want them in my life because they want to be there.  Just because someone doesn't want the same relationship as you imagine, doesn't mean they don't like you, maybe it means they were in your life for that time to allow you to learn something.  I love this poem...  it allows me to realize that everyone who has been or still is in my life, was or is there for a reason (in the big picture of birth to the end!!)... I hope you can come to peace with this situation :) There are alot of lovely people out there who you are yet to meet.  I have come across people in my life, they have come and gone, some I wanted to hang onto longer.. but what I learned was that no matter how long they are with us, we are still worthy, we are still an ok person.  You sure are too.

Reason, Season, or Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

— Unknown