Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UpperClassWhiteBoy

Ego backlash and meditation

2 posts in this topic

I want to focus on my work ethic and getting up in the morning. I watched leos video about dealing with strong negative emotions, which I know are bound to come up while working on this stuff. Leo said meditation can help with dealing with strong negative emotions but I am afraid of the dark side of meditation (which I guess is an ego backlash in a way) derailing my habits I am trying to put into place. I know I want to work on mindfulness and start a concentration practice because they won’t result in a big backlash. I know meditation is one of the most important habits you can have so I feel bad for not doing it. I consider myself to have above average mindfulness skills so maybe I can handle the habit but I just want some one else’s advice. Is meditation paradoxical in the sense that it causes ego backlash but can also help you develop the mindfulness to deal with it.

@UpperClassWhiteBoy yes.... Reality itself is paradoxical.  You cannot escape that.  Embrace it.  It's very counter intuitive because of the culture in which you were raised.  But if you embrace it you can discover Absolute Truth.  Once you become conscious that your very nature is a paradox it will become easier to discover Truth for yourself.

In other words stop thinking of it as a problem.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.