bflare

How do I heal from a toxic relationship & not allow it again?

21 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, SFRL said:

Couples can fight, I don't think there is anything wrong with that per se. 

What I found more disturbing though is that her mom disrespects you as well. Now it's not just between you and her. Now it is just open disrespect that has extended to the outside world. I have dealt with that as well in a past relationship, and although it bothered me, not until years later after that relationship do I fully realize how messed up that was. 

If your girl is not going to stick up for you towards other people then you got to let her go man. 

Yeah fighting is normal within reason but this was different. I was constantly trying to avoid fights. It was making me stressed out. I had to come to terms that this woman was never going to change. She broke up with me 30 times. A friend said to me "when are you going to leave her? When she's broken up with you for the 150th time because she's lost all respect for you & she's met someone else". This hit home to me. As the saying goes "Insanity - doing the same thing over & over again & expecting a different result"

Her mom was shocking for verbal abuse. The full family would verbally abuse each other & fight.