Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom T

Challenging Obstical To Actualizing My Life Purpose

4 posts in this topic

So over the past year i have been building skills and trying to build my life purpose from scratch which has been a challenge but it has developed massively. Anyway My life purpose is all about helping people with issues such as shame and self-hate etc. I am no master in this subject but i know a lot and i know enough to get started. I have built a workshop that helps people overcome childhood shame which i will be doing live for the first time in two weeks and i also have plans for a few online courses over the next year or so.

So my business model is basically selling face to face workshops and also selling  digital online courses that help people over come shame and self hate etc.

Now my issue is I want to create a free video blog on the different facets of self love and healing etc videos on shame, how the inner child affects romantic relationships, how narcissism is different from authentic self love, what is therapy?, self hate and all that stuff i have lots of ideas for a videos for a video blog BUTTT i believe i will have zero followers. The reason i believe i will have zero followers is because if you take my online courses or one of my workshops ideally you would of fixed that problem you came to me for. Therefore you wouldn't need to watch a video of mine each week for new insights into healing etc because you won't need it after taking my online course\workshop. This means i can't build a tribe of loyal followers so wouldn't my business risk being highly unsustainable?  Because who ever buys my online course or one of my workshops and dose the whole thing will not need to come to me for advice again which is awesomeeeee from my healer perspective but bad form a business perspective. Most businesses are low conscious and get you hooked onto unhealthy stuff so you always come back for more but this is the opposite. This business helps you so you never need to come back which is awesomeeeee but bad from a business point of view.

But anyway i have created a survey that was inspired by one of the books on Leos book list that asks people questions such as

What do you wish services in my industry would offer?

Is there a particular workshop that you wish existed that help you in some unique way? If so mention what it would be about below.

And a few more questions like this so i can create things my already existing customers would want and id create some kind of mailing list so i could send it to them all once it's finished but I'm still stuck on this free video blog idea. I'm afraid noone will want to watch it because I'm only solving a narrow problem for people in there lives and once they buy my course or workshop they won't need my videos anymore.

I don't understand how many people in the world own YouTube channels who only talk about one thing can have constant loyal followers who watch every single week. Like there's people out there who have YouTube channels which only talk about the law of attraction, or they only talk about dating, or they only talk about relationships, or they only talk about enlightenment etc. You would think people go to the channel, take some good advice, applie it and never need to go back and watch more videos by that person again? That's what i usually do so i dont understand how people who only talk about one thing are able to keep consistent followers.

I can see how leos dose it with self actualized.org where there's so many different facets to research and understand that you just have to watch a video every single week and be reading daily at the same time because there's just an overwhelming amount of stuff to understand and research in order succeed at the kind of goals we have as self-actualizers  but my business is just about helping people with a specific  psychological issue and once they fix that psychological issue they won't need me anymore so I'm stuck on how to solve this issue as i want to create a free video blog but i can't see how i could keep a consistant following due to the reasons above.

So yeah if anyone has struggled and overcame this issue or has any advice that would be muchly appreciated, thanks for reading :) much love to you all :) xxx

Part of the reason people (for me at least) to stick around with a channel is because i resonate with the person. So part of your work will be about becoming an interesting, caring and admirable/strong personality to follow.

Also Before people will buy a course they first need to trust that your content is good. The free video's are about gathering followers, attracting people to your message/help/advice/work. By the time they value your work so much that they trust that buying a course of you will help them they won't all of a sudden stop following you after you helped them. If you mangage to actually help them significantly they will value tremendously! If you manage to deliver new insightful/helpful/valuable advice for dealing with self hate and shame they won't stop following you. 

To summarise:

• People follow a person as much if not more then the theory this person gives. Becoming a person who people resonate with attracts people.
  • When people are at the point of buying a course from you they are already in with you, by they won't abandon you, the opposite, they value you.

Good luck!

Ahh yes !!! Thankyou very much man !!! I will do lots of journaling over the next few months on what exactly will be the key thing people resonate with my personality on my channel. I have thought a lot about this about the business itself but not to much about how people will resonate with my personality etc. 

And yes your second point !!! Thankyou  very much. That's what I'm hoping happens !!! You've made me feel a lot more confident about creating this free video blog !!! Thankyou very much man I'm going to do a lot of journaling and contemplation over the next few months on your first point and then create it and see what happens !! Thankyou very much man sending you all the love from the UK !!! :) 

You're welcome, glad that i was able to help some.

Just some general advice, be patient, set realistic expectations, find practical ways to work on it and find that wrath in you - stuff is not going to be ease, as you grow you will face harder challenges, which feels very twisted if you're not prepared for it.

GOOD LUCK!