Matt23

Tears Of Heaven

2 posts in this topic

I guess I want to start a blog to document some of the things I'm going through and experience to try and help me and others find meaning and a deeper connection with life and themselves.

I plan on writing anything and everything, but will try and focus more on stuff I come across in my day surrounding spirituality, life purpose, and any difficulties I may be having.

As I write this, I feel inspired after reading a passage from a book called The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran.  The topic of the chapter is death:  "For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?"   I cried immediately upon reading this.  I think, largely, because tomorrow I'm planning on telling a friend's mom, who I had a crush on, that I had snuck into her room around 5 or 6 years ago and went through her underwear.  I'm pretty scared and feel like I'm being exposed.  As if, like the quote says, I'm being exposed to the elements and stripped away and am about to jump off a cliff into thin air.  

Time to smear my self-image with a shit ton of mud and dirt. :)  

Fuck it!  

Here's the rest of the passage which I also found beautifully truthful, simple, and wise.

"And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.

And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I've been struggling a bit to find my zone of genius after taking the Life Purpose course.

I have this conception of having something really specific that I work on each day that I'll master.  Like artists paint, race car drivers drive, or writers write.  Those all seem to have pretty obvious and practical things to do to train on.  Though, I'm feeling suited more to spirituality, psychology, leadership, and mentoring people and find it hard to come up with practical things I can do to build skills daily.

I'm also feeling pulled towards being a monk...

Struggling with eating and sugar consumption.  When I return home I feel like it's so hard to maintain my habits.  Though, interestingly, I find it's more easy to meditate and to even feel positively motivated to meditate....  This is one reason why I think being a monk might be a good thing for me.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins