Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joyous

Should I stop my passion

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, so at the moment my mind is plagued and I'm quite new to the self help scene but have always been well aware of the toxic direction the general public appears to be relentlessly flying into. 

I started lifting weights at 18 and am now 29, I was a bricklayer then to the Army where I was medically discharged for torn spring ligaments, I been living off an average medical pension whilst trying to find my passion in life for past 3 years. I have never stopped bodybuilding since 18 and decided to jump into it completely after not being able to return to previous jobs or pursue desire to be in the special forces. Which now I wouldn't want to do anyway given my current world perspective. I decided to do a bodybuilding show 2 years ago and for the first time in my life I couldn't wait to get up in the mornings and start the day. Given the nature of the sport with the drugs I have always been responsible but now a part of me is questioning will it effect me mentally. I don't believe it does but here I am depressed and lacking belief in myself. I have been committed as of late to moving out away from unmotivated friends and fear living alone even though that was not an issue in the past. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I have a genuine passion to help other obtain fitness goals and to steer young people in the right direction, understanding that it's a journey not a destination. Could this be my life goal or am I fooling myself.

Of course that can be your life goal.

One of the problems with your previous/current strategy is that you've tied your success to out-competing others, which is a terrible idea because you're forcing yourself to play a zero-sum game: he has to lose in order for me to win.

Instead you want to switch into the Creator paradigm, where you are generating endless amounts of value without needing anyone else to lose.

Imagine if you started your own fitness school, for example. You could passionately train young people and still be involved with weightlifting but not in a dog-eat-dog way. This would be much more fulfilling than winning competitions.

This topic is covered in the life purpose course.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course that can be your life goal.

One of the problems with your previous/current strategy is that you've tied your success to out-competing others, which is a terrible idea because you're forcing yourself to play a zero-sum game: he has to lose in order for me to win.

Instead you want to switch into the Creator paradigm, where you are generating endless amounts of value without needing anyone else to lose.

Imagine if you started your own fitness school, for example. You could passionately train young people and still be involved with weightlifting but not in a dog-eat-dog way. This would be much more fulfilling than winning competitions.

This topic is covered in the life purpose course.

You just made my year!