FunBun

LPC & ADD

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Some time ago I found Leo's videos on youtube. Some of them are really cool and direct and others are more abstract and confusing. I know everyone has their story in life and their history of self created problems. I'm almost 34 years old right now and through Leo's videos I realised that I have never really had a life purpose. I got diagnosed with ADD at age 27 and then things started to fall into place, but it also became a good scapegoat for me to put the blame on. I couldn't help it, because my ADD caused it is what I believe. Now I'm done with it and want to seriously take control of my life and start to live to my potential. I just don't know what to begin with. Should I first overcome my fear of feeling not good enough and feeling like a failure in life, or should I take action towards a new profession? Not having finished a proper education that I feel I want to pursue has gotten me in a position where my money influx is rather low, therefore limiting expensive courses or studies. I have taken on studies in the past that I felt good towards (although not pinpointing any life's purpose before starting them) but in the end quit and dismissing it as 'something that wasn't for me' (because of ADD for instance), to only later realise I wasn't necessarily not qualified, but I was much too fearful in many ways to actually stand my own. Emotional mastery is something I feel is something I am in dire need of. Not feeling guilty for making mistakes and taking on efforts and to really open myself to learning is all I crave for.

So my question is; How well would the LPC be for me in this situation? Does anyone have a similar experience or advice on this or in any other way?

Thanks so much!

Hi...first off...everyone can benefit from taking the LPC...there really isn't a reason not to do it.

I am 32 and I also have ADD, diagnosed a couple years ago.  When I first started listening to Leo I too had a hard time finding my way.  I think the best place to start is to do the LPC and more specifically, learn about the Law of Attraction.  That alone has guided my path to understanding what to do and where I want to go in life.  The awesome part about all of this is that once you truly believe in yourself and envision what you want in life, the Law of Attraction just takes over and you trust all the decisions you are making are leading you to that vision. 

Also, read the book "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield.  Seriously...just do it!  Your fear and procrastination will tell you not to, but you NEED to read that book.

If you trust yourself, you will naturally find the answers to your questions on your own...because to be honest, only you can answer them.  

Hope this helps!  B|

Life purpose course is not guaranteed to, but absolutely can give you the extra boost you need. 

Taking action vs. overcoming fear first - I find that to be a false dilemma. You really have to do both, and as you proceed with either, it helps the other one. 

As for emotional mastery, teal swan and byron katie can be good teachers.