kieranperez

Important Insight From Profound Article of Founder of Internet

1 post in this topic

The article provided in the link below really struck me at how universal this issue is all domains of human life.

The world wide web has shaped culture at an order of magnitude I personally don't think people 30 years ago could have ever expected. It was, as far as far as my limited understanding can take me, built as a noble invention meant to serve mankind. Notice how that's the same situation for anyone whose ever created anything that has had lasting value and impact in time such as:

• Christ & Christianity (if he was a historical person)
  • Buddha & Buddhism
  • The fathers of quantum mechanics
  • The Founding Fathers of the United States

We can expand this list A LOT more as we can imagine. 

I think it's important to read these kinds of accounts because it makes us whom are interested in having an impact in the world and create something have a higher elevation perspective of the ramifications of what we're putting out into the world with our life purpose and make us question "is what I'm doing really going to advance mankind?" "How might my creation and impact affect the world 5, 10, 20, 50+ years down the road?" "How might an ego, the collective ego, or my own ego co-opt this down road?"

This is where systems thinking & having a long time horizon that goes beyond your own lifetime becomes extraordinarily practical. You still becoming more mindful of the actions you take and don't take on both the metta and micro level. 

Think about this with your life purpose. 

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. - Bernard of Clairvaux

https://www.apnews.com/1a944fcf10c445f2a87fcd5c2d0320e5