Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timo

Meditation journal

7 posts in this topic

This is my meditation journal. I will post the duration of daily meditation session(s) and any potential insights.

Some background information:

• I did not have a consistent meditation practice prior to starting this journal
  • I aim to meditate every day, at least 30 minutes
  • I will focus on mindfulness meditation with labeling
Edited by Timo

07/03/2019

Day 1 

1x session labeling (15 min walking, 15 min sitting)

total: 30 min

Edited by Timo

08/03/2019*

Day 2 

1x session labeling (15 min walking, 15 min sitting)

total: 30 min

*Meditation session was very late at night, technically already part of 09/03/2019. Sleepiness prevented me from meditating effectively, so in the future I will avoid late night sessions.   

Edited by Timo

09/03/2019

Day 3

1x session labeling (10 min walking, 10 min sitting)

total: 20 min

10/03/2019

Day 4

1x labeling (10 min walking, 10 min sitting)

total: 20 min

This day marks the end of my first (short) week of meditation practice, I will briefly reflect on the past week. The sessions of the last two days were more peaceful than those of the first two days. I think this has to do with the shorter duration. The fact that those last two days were less challenging are not necessarily positive. At the end of the 20 minutes I felt like the interesting things were yet to come. The second thing I want to mention is the fact that meditation was not a priority for me in my daily life. I did not make any efforts to maintain mindfulness outside the formal practice. 

There are two things I will do differently next week. Firstly: I will avoid sessions less than 30 minutes. Secondly: I will make an effort to maintain mindfulness outside the formal practice.

So far this journal has stayed on the practical side of meditation, not so much insights. For now I am okay with this. One reason is that I am still in the very early stages of building the habit.

Edited by Timo

11/03/2019

Day 5

1x labeling (20 min walking, 20 min sitting)

total: 40 min

12/03/2019*

Day 6

1x labeling (10 min walking, 15 min sitting)

total: 25 min

*Same situation as on day 2. Meditation session was late at night, no problems with sleepiness this time however.