Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abder

Deepest fear

4 posts in this topic

After doing some introspection i have discovered that my biggest fear is of humiliation, shame, or any other mechanism of profound self-disapproval that threatens the loss of integrity of the Self.``The fear of the shattering or disintegration of one's constructed sense of lovability, capability, and worthiness.``

Can anyone tell me where this comes from or relate to this?

I woul add a twist

Its fear of disintegration of self constructed UNworthiness and Disconnection and lack of being lovable and connected.

Because if those core ideas are destroyed and you have had them since childhood, you become a person who has lost their identity.

It is scary because it is abandoning the familiar even though youre moving into a better place.

@Abder Think back of a child hood trauma that caused you to experience this deep feeling of shame and humiliation.

Go back and visualize the whole scenario, and after you visualize the whole situation, enter the situation right now and give love to that wounded, younger version of yourself.

Trust me, this works. 

I can relate. I think the solution to this is fostering a deep sense of inherent self-worth. I felt this way for years, and didn't start seeing improvement until I took a mushroom trip a few months ago where I realized at the core of my being that no matter what I did or failed to do, I was inherently worthy and valuable as a human being.