Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aiku

How To Deal With Someone Who Stare You Down

4 posts in this topic

There's this kid I had skirmish with several months ago, this kid who just hate me for no reason. He lives in front of the entrance of the apartment complex I lived in so I had to pass by his house inevitably and see him from time to time in the front. I don't even know him. I didn't even talk to him before. And I'm not even looking at him. I'm just trying to be a random stranger passing by. What happened before is, he would harrass me whenever I pass by. He was always making fun of me, saying things like "Hey, what are you doing here? You don't even live here!" or say things out like like "Bald!"(my hair was semi bald back then) or he would stare down at me and try to intimidate me. I tried to talk politely to the kid, it failed, I tried to talk to the parent, it failed. He kept doing it almost every day for weeks, until I reached to the point that I snap and yell at the kid. 

I lost my cool and didn't know what to do so I had to ask help with my mother. My mother happened to be acquainted with the father and they lectured the kid. But ever since then, most of the time that kid will STARE at me whenever he seem me pass by. You know that feeling when someone is staring at you in an arrogant way - and try to intimidate you - that's the feeling. His head would really follow me, even if he had to twist his neck as far as he can - it's ridiculous. 

Can you tell me how to handle this situation practically?

The fact that this is even bothering you tells me that there is something inside of you that you are not facing. Maybe an issue with self-love? I can't tell but there is something. 

Telling the parents to lecture their kid about it is totally useless. The kid probably smells some kind of fear in you, kids love to poke at that.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Maybe he has a mental problem, why you don't stare at him aswell?

On 4/15/2016 at 5:23 AM, Aiku said:

There's this kid I had skirmish with several months ago, this kid who just hate me for no reason. He lives in front of the entrance of the apartment complex I lived in so I had to pass by his house inevitably and see him from time to time in the front. I don't even know him. I didn't even talk to him before. And I'm not even looking at him. I'm just trying to be a random stranger passing by. What happened before is, he would harrass me whenever I pass by. He was always making fun of me, saying things like "Hey, what are you doing here? You don't even live here!" or say things out like like "Bald!"(my hair was semi bald back then) or he would stare down at me and try to intimidate me. I tried to talk politely to the kid, it failed, I tried to talk to the parent, it failed. He kept doing it almost every day for weeks, until I reached to the point that I snap and yell at the kid. 

I lost my cool and didn't know what to do so I had to ask help with my mother. My mother happened to be acquainted with the father and they lectured the kid. But ever since then, most of the time that kid will STARE at me whenever he seem me pass by. You know that feeling when someone is staring at you in an arrogant way - and try to intimidate you - that's the feeling. His head would really follow me, even if he had to twist his neck as far as he can - it's ridiculous. 

Can you tell me how to handle this situation practically?

best thing you can do is ignore it completely, if you pass his house dont even look that way, sooner or later he will get tired of looking to see if you are looking. let it go and go on about your business.