CVKBT

Problem with chakra visualization

4 posts in this topic

Good evening,

so I'm reading the book "Enlightenment Throught the Path of Kundalini" by Tara Springett (from Leo's booklist).
One of the exercises to cleanse the chakras is visualizing the chakra and visualizing the love you send to it as an expanding, beautiful light.
Devotion, love and relaxation is key here and that works pretty well for me. I also can visualize the chakra, so the problem is not directly the visualization part.
My problem is, that when I visualize the chakra, I kind of interrrupt the love and devotion to it, because in that instant I am the one, trying to control things by visualizing. When I surrender myself to the chakra without visualizing, the "promised effects" appear. As soon as I visualize the feeling which is coming up, the feeling disappears. Then again, if I let go of control and visualizing, the chakra blossoms again. I also tried to visualize while surrendering, kind of combining both, but that didn't help either.
So my question would be: Shall I skip the visualization part? (Tara Springett talks, that visualization is a very important part) Or should I just try to further visualize the chakra and the love as best as I can, while still devoting myself? Has anyone had the same experience?

Thanks in advance for the help

Kind regards

If I remember correctly (first of all read the whole book before applying tbh since it can be a weird and new area) it also said to not try to focus on an area if it does not feel helpful and loving to the area and that if that's the case, return to it later and or meditate more.

If it indeed makes you more controlling and it's hurting you to do it, you don't have to. You can either return to it later or do things another way, maybe even something you haven't thought of yet

Some of these more advanced things can take some time and learning, to uncover big things. It is kind of expected to not just roll through with it 100% successful and in a breeze as the past conditioning is often strong. 

6 hours ago, CVKBT said:

Shall I skip the visualization part?

Imo, yes. The love and devotion is what matters. In yoga, the path of Bhakti yoga is the path of love ,surrender and devotion to a personal "ishta" or chosen object of devotion,which can be anything. It can be a higher being like Shiva,Krishna,Jesus or something such as the sun, a certain space or place you feel drawn to, or what you're using now, the chakras. Are you mentally saying the name of the chakra you're devoting to as well? The beej mantra names on the right are shorter and easier to use if you want to try that out. Instead of visualizing,feel the love as you mentally say the particular beej name,or use both name and visualizing. Or just stick to what you're already doing, surrendering. It all works because the it's the love,surrender and devotion that makes it work, not the object.

Chakra-BEEJ-Mantras-blog_a.jpg

Edited by isness is my bizness

20 hours ago, YaNanNallari said:

If I remember correctly (first of all read the whole book before applying tbh since it can be a weird and new area) it also said to not try to focus on an area if it does not feel helpful and loving to the area and that if that's the case, return to it later and or meditate more.

If it indeed makes you more controlling and it's hurting you to do it, you don't have to. You can either return to it later or do things another way, maybe even something you haven't thought of yet

Before any techniques come, the book informs you about the most important (in that case also the weird) and dangerous aspects about the kundalini, so I'm well informed about that. I wouldn't say that it's hurting me in any way, since I actually do feel the loving energy, coming out of anahata. I'm also meditating since about a year and I still do - the chakra and kundalini work was later on added.

20 hours ago, YaNanNallari said:

Some of these more advanced things can take some time and learning, to uncover big things. It is kind of expected to not just roll through with it 100% successful and in a breeze as the past conditioning is often strong.

Thanks for the advice!

19 hours ago, isness is my bizness said:

The beej mantra names on the right are shorter and easier to use if you want to try that out. Instead of visualizing,feel the love as you mentally say the particular beej name,or use both name and visualizing. Or just stick to what you're already doing, surrendering. It all works because the it's the love,surrender and devotion that makes it work, not the object.

Alright, then I guess I'll go with the feeling "only", which is more than fulfilling. Not just during the meditation, but also what it has been attracting since the last 2 months of my life. For now, I'll surrender, but someday I will try the beej name method out!

Thank you both for the help, I had little doubts whether I did the technique quite right and was on the right path.
Now I can approach the chakras in a more poised manner, thanks!

Edited by CVKBT