Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SirVladimir

"The Mirror Exercise" + Life Purpose Inspiration

1 post in this topic

I'll start off with "The Mirror Exercise". It's something I've came up with not a long ago. What do you do?

• Stand in front of a mirror; right before going to bed or early in the morning when you are feeling the most honest about yourself.
  • Stare into the mirror for 15 minutes, thoughtless.

That's it! What I found was surprising. I gazed into the eyes of the human being on the other side, then I focused on the whole picture, then on the eyes again. And suddenly, the barrier between the two melted. My face disappeared in a way that I could not tell the difference between its surroundings and it. 

Results: I realized where my life purpose lies. As inspiration for the others here, I would like to share it. It is: To feel as one with The Universe.

... and show people the beauty through art. Long before this I started working on an adventure book mainly for youngsters of my age (15-18). It's a story of a mountain pass, and beneath the mountains lies what I literally called Nothingness. Two dragon brothers once stepped in and forgot who they were. The book is meant to make the reader more open-minded by the time they finish reading it - while keeping it all subtle and hidden behind metaphors and typical fantasy book elements.

I also started to learn photography. I've been looking for a job for the past 6 months, but didn't find any (I live in the Czech republic). There's literally nothing within a 40 km radius during the school year; that's why I can't afford a digital camera, but at least I can learn the theory. If you've got one spare, I wouldn't mind, haha. I'm serious. Go try the mirror exercise and see for yourself. It might not work for you, but it certainly did for me.

See you all in another life!