Algi

Real Growth Vs Fake

42 posts in this topic

@Nic Wow thank you so much! Your effort in writing that will not go to waste. I have overwhelming feeling in my mind as of right now, I meditate daily for 3 and half months, but for sure I will apply the dissecting progress of what you just wrote. It does not sound sick at all, in fact my internal dialogue sounds more ridiculous. I will take a look at the programme you linked too. What about if you have an overwhelming feeling of something like serious break up of 5 years or a death of the loved one? Would you go ahead and repeat all of that over and over again until you are exhausted and driving yourself crazy?

Another thing I read in self esteem book: There is no point to block a block, accept your resistance and move on. Does that contradict dissection progress or in fact works well together?

1 hour ago, Algi said:

@Nic What about if you have an overwhelming feeling of something like serious break up of 5 years or a death of the loved one? Would you go ahead and repeat all of that over and over again until you are exhausted and driving yourself crazy?

Another thing I read in self esteem book: There is no point to block a block, accept your resistance and move on. Does that contradict dissection progress or in fact works well together?

You are very welcome Algi.

If you drive yourself crazy with anything, this means there is something wrong. And in any instructions, you will find ways to make it all fail, like putting an electrical device in a microwave, up side down in water, or doing something completely out of place like taking a piss on a table in public, saying "hey, it was not written anywhere that I'm not allowed to do that... " You've always got to choose the wise, the sane way, always asking, does that make me feel good? The thing not to forget is to really feel the emotion consciously choose, desire to express, like gratitude, not only saying "thank you", this won't make any difference, feel the gratitude in your bones and skin, feeeeeeeel it! Replace the old emotion by a new one, not only words!

To handle a break up or a death of a loved one, I mean what is the point of living in pain? Does anyone benefit from it? To avoid pain you've got to question your views on death... question the fact that you are sad for that person but not for all living being on the planet. But you can also see yourself as being very lucky to have lived with that person for so long, for all the things you've learned thank to that person, and so on, there are so many positive things to see, so many new perspectives to see the world through even completely neutral ones. When we are in pain we see though the negative perspectives that we unconsciously choose. But they are not the only way, they are the monkey mind way.  So pain in those cases are resistance to what is, the present moment. See the lack of awareness  in living in the past. Eckart Tolle is a good teacher in this, I recommend his teachings. 

Of course it is not unhealthy or bad to be sad for a while, it's ok, but you've got to know there is another way to get out of sadness mindfully. You can wait for time to "heel" the wounds if you want. But I'd rather not have mentally created wounds at the first place. If I have wounds, I will not make the unfairness of world responsible for those wounds, The world just is what it is, Il know that I can choose to be happy no matter what happens by consciously changing perspectives on things. Pain and suffering are often cause by false expectations on how life and things should be, other dreams that you falsely identify with and therefor take for granted. Expectations are anything but reality. Watch for those!

-Does accepting your resistance contradict what I'm saying, yes and no. I see  your question being like, it's ok to be a piece of wood that breaks from time to time, accept it. Like a physical handicap. Of course you can accept that you are a piece of wood.

But I 'd rather behave like water in general and embrace all there is to accept by changing at will my points of view on what ever happens, especially on my way of thinking about anything, not only on the fact that you are a piece of wood.

So my advice here is really to practice mindfulness on your thoughts process by hunting emotions, so you will know what to do when challenging times comes in way.

Take care!

Edited by Nic

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

@Algi

One of the signs of real growth is to realise when there is fake growth- that is the first step to real growth. The best thing we can do is be honest with ourselves- we all have fake growth sometimes but not everyone is aware enough to realise it. 

You should congratulate yourself on the realisation, now you can separate real growth from fake growth.

'The end of fear is the beginning of all wisdom'

@Flower Well thank you, You can only do your best and improve on it, everything is relative to an individual. Sometimes external circumstances merge the fake growth really well that it seems real, then it is up to you to realise and diffirianciate.

@Algi  Yes, your right. & that is never easy of course. At any moment we are exposed to the world, and all these external circumstances, we can only move forward, doing our best to be the best version of ourselves at any given moment. 

We do suffer along the way, but where there is suffering there is growth. To live is to suffer, and as Buddha rightly taught; attachment/desire is the root of suffering. 

So if we work on our attachments and desires ( by working on ego, we are essentially removing both) we will reduce our suffering. 

We have to let go and be in the present moment fully, not defining or being defined by the external.

99.8% of what goes on in this site is fake growth,  this idea of personal growth is going no place for most.  Most have no idea what self realization is or how one functions as a self realized being. The majority of spiritual talk, and personal growth talk is simply identities attempting to rationalize what they dont understand, but in their information gathering they have become confused to the degree that they have blinded themselves.  Most cant even hear the reality of self realization from those that are because of their belief system.  For that 99.8 % its just a game the identity is playing, controlled by programing and a false belief system.  If you can grasp this you are more awake than the 99.8 %

@Flower I agree with you, but it is not a switch like that. Easier said then done and I don't think it is being negative. Buddha was enlightent and for someone like that is already everything in place. I wonder how he felt emotionally leading to enlightenment, I bet he wasn't so calm. Many people know this concept but it is one knowing it intellectually and being that.We can philosophise all we want but it really comes down to what you do in those 24h given each day. 

@charlie2dogs Would you really say percentage is that high? Or is it just your opinion?Would you say you in that large percentage or outside of it? If you don't mind me asking. 

@Algi Of course, I never said it was easy. In fact I said it was difficult and involved a lot of suffering- So you agree with me. :) 

Also I don't believe in 'already in place' - things are in place when you exert effort to put them in place. 

Buddha felt very frustrated to begin with, and his path to enlightenment was not easy- but if it's easy, it's not enlightenment.

@Algi Only trying to help :) 

23 minutes ago, Algi said:

@charlie2dogs Would you really say percentage is that high? Or is it just your opinion?Would you say you in that large percentage or outside of it? If you don't mind me asking. 

Algi, once awakened, the reality of things become clear, one begins to see the reality of the world around them and other identities.  I used to say that 99.7% were lost in their own nonsense, I changed it here in this topic to 99.8% this comes after years of observation of the human condition and human beings.  I am not a believer, opinions are worthless to me now, beliefs are never real and are nothing more than an assumption of knowledge.

Once truly awakened everything changes because one is no longer just a human being, you return to being a being of consciousness which is your true state of being.  The 99.8 % is my observation as consciousness to the reality of what is going on here.  Many are called, few are chosen, straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to life or rather liberation from the human condition, ever seeking, never finding.  I used these text from a religious book, the statements in themselves are not religious, but reveal some reality about this path that most claim to be seeking.

I hope there is an answer in there someplace for your question. :)

@charlie2dogs ok that all nice and well and I do agree, I am not a big writer and still operate very rationally so I go straight to a point, but my question was are you in that majority percentage or are you not anymore? Do you see yourself being enlightened or are you now? 

2 hours ago, Algi said:

@charlie2dogs ok that all nice and well and I do agree, I am not a big writer and still operate very rationally so I go straight to a point, but my question was are you in that majority percentage or are you not anymore? Do you see yourself being enlightened or are you now? 

no im not in the 99.8% group , if i had been i could not have made the statement that i made, and if i made it anyway it would just have been speculation by the identity. I am self realized, the term enlightened i dont use, it is an over used term that has basically lost its meaning.

@charlie2dogs wow great,  What's the quickest you think an average person achieve in? Do you have a like a foundation routine where you always do. I do mindful mediation, basically playing with senses see,hear,feel. Is there any good ones that you would reccomend?

4 minutes ago, Algi said:

@charlie2dogs wow great,  What's the quickest you think an average person achieve in? Do you have a like a foundation routine where you always do. I do mindful mediation, basically playing with senses see,hear,feel. Is there any good ones that you would reccomend?

algi, i have no spiritual practices or any practice at all, i spend most of my life in the space of my own consciousness, functioning as a being of consciousness, once one experiences the real part of themselves there is no place to go or and practice to perform, it is just a matter of functioning from consciousness as a being of consciousness rather than functioning as an identity.

Interesting well thank you for sharing your story, I am inspired to say the least, I will be happy if I reach that stage but personally right now I need retreats ect. I understand you becoming annoyed with people overusing the term enlightenment because it is becoming now trendy. Take care Charlie!:)

3 minutes ago, Algi said:

Interesting well thank you for sharing your story, I am inspired to say the least, I will be happy if I reach that stage but personally right now I need retreats ect. I understand you becoming annoyed with people overusing the term enlightenment because it is becoming now trendy. Take care Charlie!:)

algi, it doesnt annoy me, i understand the human condition and the identity, i lived it long enough, its just and observation,  What will help you is to be still, be quiet within and just be with the source of life that is possessing your physical body, as time passes that will be enough to take you where you think you want to go right now, as you move more toward that it will become more clear as to what you are seeking and what it really means.  Desire, and the will to find your real self is enough to take you home.  Good luck algi