Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocHoliday

Insight on Character

1 post in this topic

Today's insight is brought to us by: Stuart Wilde

Earlier this day I listened to an amazing audiobook by Stuart and along the way in the corresponing chapter I had the realisation that:

Character is merely a feeling - or respetively, a composition of a handful of predominant feelings.
In other words: The way you are is the way you feel

So, whatever you may think your own character is or what your own self image is, is in most cases simply retraceable to the feelings that you most predominantly feel. These feelings could obviously be anything and everything: happy, content, dissatisfied, hopeful, cheerful, insecure, successful, optimistic, crazy, organized, cool, temperamental, agitated, calm, collected, goal-oriented, feeling like a winner and a achiever, feeling lost and in need for directions, feeling masculine or feeling feminine, feeling anchored and grounded in yourself, feeling courageous or easily willing to take risks and so on and so on. Or, the best non-feeling of all: beingxD

You see? This also only once more underlines the magnificent fact that you are not what you think you are. Your character isn't fixed, by any means. |YOU are nothing| that is strictly determined by anything that you think makes you up. Hah, see, you is like make-up -> it's made up -> not naturally there -> artificially added. You're simply potential. Infinite malleable potential. But, of course, to access this potential and use it to your imagination, lots of awareness and consciousness is required, since you first need to identify what it is that you're predominantly feeling like. But I guess you know how the story goes on, so this is probably all for now...

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!