Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

How To Rip Negativity From It's Roots

10 posts in this topic

Teal Swan says negative thoughts are good, and that they create desire:

In regards to this, if imagine negativity as a plant, and your rip that fker from it's roots, will all desires cease to end?

Second, will pursuing Life Purpose put a temporary "band-aid" over negative thoughts rather than destroying them from their core? As mentioned in Leo's Stragic Mofo's video, I have the same personality where I don't want some temporary ailment and let negative thoughts to come back some time in the future and bite me in the ass. Therefore monitoring the thoughts and then eviscerating then by programming the subconscious mind to think ruthlessly positive, with positive affirmations. I also don't want to be "distracting" the negativity with life purpose, rather to rip them from their roots.

Edited by JevinR

@Consept Reprogramming the subconscious should help. I don't want to fall into this "can't" mindset, it's parasitic

@JevinR

Only if you give your mind that power over you. By disliking your thoughts negative or otherwise, you're creating an inner conflict because you don't want them there, the problem isn't really the content of the thoughts it's the fact that you have this inner conflict because you believe these thoughts are you. 

For example I could get really stressed because a song I don't like keeps playing in my head, if I didn't get stressed it would eventually just fade away. Your l ego is very tricky so it creates thoughts it knows you will think you need to get rid of so it can create conflict and thus exist. Only way around it is full acceptance 

@Consept Negative thoughts are good then, they create immense motivation and desire to achieve. The fact that I'm resisting/disliking adds fuel to the fire to prove them wrong.

@JevinR

They're not necessarily good or bad, in the same way a cloud passing by isn't good or bad, it's just the labels that you give them. It's up to you whether you give them power and strength over you. You don't need to prove them wrong because that itself gives them power over you, that means you're doing an action just because that negative thought is there and not necessarily because you want to do it. Take away it's power by fully facing and accepting it. 

It's like if you're a kid at school and bullsy are teasing you, they will continue as long as they see fear in you and see that it's affecting you, if you're not bothered at all by it and just let what they're doing be eventually they'll stop. So your fighting or running away from your thoughts only prolongs them, better to see then as not a threat at all and just noise that's there and will pass if you let it 

If you are functioning as a self realized being, these negative thoughts do not exist, just like pain, misery, problems, the past, the future don't exist.   When a realized being as the observer observes an event arising, the ideal is simply to be the observer without clinging, or giving attention, ok i know someone is going to say, how can you observe it without giving attention, you can and those who function as the observer understand what i mean.  Once the observer has seen the reality of the event that has arisen,  he/she/ has the opportunity to choose to act on it or allow that thought to die.  If the event that has arisen has something to do with your own quantum memory and it is an issue that is creating pain and misery for the identity body it can resolved and cleared from quantum memory and make life for the identity better, one can embrace what is being seen, understand it, learn from it, and clear that lesson so that it wont have to be confronted time and time again possibly being more painful each time it arises.  In the space of I am there is no negative thoughts.

"Therefore monitoring the thoughts and then eviscerating then by programming the subconscious mind to think ruthlessly positive, with positive affirmations"

Thats pure new age.

Negative thoughts just 'are'. You may chose if they are good/bad you can take action to make them so. You can chose to just watch them as many of trash you mind produce.

@Gmork If it helps with Life Purpose, I quite honestly don't give a damn what it is

Edited by JevinR

@JevinR Help with your ego satiety, probably. Help with your feel good, for sure. New age is  designed to mislead people with really good mix of lies and truths and all those pure good, all positive attitude is one of most dangerous stuff there is in this dogma.

Please explain to me what this "Life Puropse" is and why did you write it with big letters.