Waveenergy

Rumination On Health

2 posts in this topic

For years I have had thoughts pertaining to my health which I think are actually unhealthy. For example, this pain in my throat must mean I have cancer (I didn't have it)... or other things not as serious. 

I understand that humans have a time span alike any other human beings and no matter how hard I may think about my health and take preventative measures, I am ultimately not in control of nature. Does anyone have any advice that would help convince myself that there is no point ruminating and obsessing over health? I have a healthy lifestyle already so I think this is mostly in my head. Do any of you have similar thoughts? 

@Waveenergy

Hi man, sorry I won't give you arguments but the identification of the root of the problem.

You already feel that stress is not good for your body apparently, there is no better argument than the one you already feel. The more you worry, the more unconscious fear based emotions you express and therefor feel, this of course means stress for your body...

Does worrying help in any situation? Could anything that happened to your body be avoided? Those questions can't be really answered so don't even ask the question! 

The problem is not your health but the question-answering process, identification with the voice, not being conscious. By giving you arguments of why you shouldn't be worried, this will actually increase the identification to the voice. 

Step out of the running wheel and observe the dialogue that is happening in your head.

Take care my friend!

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."