Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spicy_pickles

Wasted Money And Time - Career Slipping Away

4 posts in this topic

Hi. 

Fourteen years ago I went back to school. Half of it was part time, half was full time. I spent tens of thousands of dollars and now, close to being 40 years old, I'm still paying off the debt. 

I applied for professional designation in my field a few months ago. Basically got denied. Have to put in more time and effort to try and prove myself (which I will do). All I can think of is the fact I may simply get rejected which would have made all of this a massive waste. 

Very discouraged right now. Any words of wisdom? 

I believe that nothing goes to waste, you invested in yourself, It'll pay off somehow.

You have nothing to lose. All that you can lose is your tension and your worry, your little-mindedness, fear, and anxiety. And fear and anxiety, tension and worry in the small, little mind will keep the mind from being free, will keep the mind from experiencing its infinite potential, will keep the mind from becoming more powerful on this planet. 9_9

I think that over the years I may have defined myself through this.  "I am worthless if I do not achieve this final goal that I worked towards". Not necessarily. I can be the difference I want to be without this actually. 

I thought long and hard about this and realized that my initial goal years ago was to work in a certain field. Going back to school was just so I could get closer to that. I now know I really didn't need to go that far, but it certainly helped, and there are options for me (depending on how much I want to pursue them). Frankly, my initial goal got muddled somewhat through this process. 

Taking a step back and thinking this through differently is providing me with a better insight.