Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Outsidian

Meditation Trought Drawing?

2 posts in this topic

I was drawing since i remember. It was true passion of myne. I was waking up and going to seel with eager to the next time i get go a pencil. That was until last few years. Self judgement and ironicly not chelanging myself enought drive me to frustration and in result hating drawing butb  htat is not important heare for i juist wanted to give you alittle back story. My current purpouse is to get back to drawing and latelly i had a small talk with Jenna on chat about that problem of myne.  while she gave me advice (wich was really helpfull, thank you again) she asked me if im meditating and it got me thinking for last week.

once ive seen leos videos on meditation ive been trying to meditate but it didnt work out verry well. I cant find peacefull or quiet pleace in my envirioment to practice but from so most of my knowagle of the topic comes from books and Leos videos. I archieved a moment of peace twice in my live befor wich i would describe as losing this barier over my skin and that feeling of connection to everything(likethe entire universe is my freaking body) but it least for 3 seconds max. Once i get this feeling my mind try to name it, describe it and understand it wich take me out of that state imidently. that happend year ego and havent experienced it since then. Leo in his video about enlightment said that he felt it and while he was in that state hes mind chatter seemed like steel going but disconected from him. Thats what reminds me of drawing. Its been a while but i remember it well. Back in the days when i was trawing i was 100% into it 100% focused. I was that moment, i was my sight, my hand and my pencil. I either didnt had any mind chatter while drawing or i was completly disconected from it so i cant recall it. 

So question to people heare who draw: Do you also experience this during drawing? And do you think it is possible for drawing to be a form of meditation? 

im sorry if this is chaotic. im steel learning english and im trying my best.

I would absolutely say drawing is akin to meditation when you get into a kind of flow state. When you're so concentrated you forget the time, what's going on around you. But it's also really rare that I can do this through drawing. When I'm drawing,  my mind is typically focused on something external; and if I'm drawing from references or thinking about different aspects of my drawing.

While I think it's very much a meditative state, I don't think it can be quite consistently so. I think you're using too much of your active brain (beta waves). But this is just my opinion from my experience.