Cossta

What Is Internal Self-talk ?

4 posts in this topic

As the title says, what is internal self-talk? I find myself very often speaking to "me"  inside my mind, or asking questions and trying to responds If I can. Is it a part of a thought? Is it positive somehow or normal?

My English knowledge are not the best, but I'm continuously try to improve it...

It's nothing unusual.

There are many answeres to your question, but it may be something totally different for you. Why don't you ask your voice where it comes from and what its purpose is?

Kind regards, 
Chris

Isn't journaling self-talk too?  

Shree Ganeshayana Maha . . 

(I'm not Hindu tho.)

Omm...  Inner PeaS  Omm...    ( ᵕ . ᵕ )   ?

Are you talking about the practice of visualizing your "higher self" and having a conversation with it? It's something I know many people do (mostly New Agers), but I've tried it a few times. For New Agers they believe it's a literal other higher (almost godly?) version of yourself in your own head, but for me (and perhaps others) I think it's just a more visual, easier to process way of clearing your mind and finding solutions to problems.

For example, when I feel I want to procrastinate, sometimes I close my eyes and visualize that I'm sitting across from myself, but a wise version of myself that knows what's right for me (which we all have in us, we just ignore it half the time hah). I tell it I want to procrastinate, and she asks me why, and I'll tell her how much I don't want to do the work and I'm lazy, and she asks me if it's worth it, and tells me I can do it if I really feel like that's how I want to live my life. Soon I'm back on track with getting work done. 
Essentially, it was just me rationalizing that I should do my work, but it's a lot easier for our minds to comprehend talking to someone than a bunch of cloudy thoughts all up in the air in our minds that we just don't want to think about.

I don't think this is an airy fairy practice, as long as you don't believe you're doing anything but rationalizing in a visual way.