Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baotrader

the truth and model

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, today is quite a special day for me. After having a discussion on the forum about the mathematics vs philosophy topic ( I started) I've and still having (it starts to be fading away though) a conscious experience. I've become conscious that all logical statements are biased towards 1 side and they will just be meaningless in the face of consciousness. When consciousness tells you to do something it needs no reason. 
About truth vs model: When Leo said he had read Godel's incompleteness theorem at a high level and his mind grasps things holistically I felt uncomfortable with his reply at first but now suddenly I interpret it this way: Every individual's models to understand things are different. When the universe communicates something to us, it communicates through our model. For a mathematician it does it through math, for someone else with a different model the universe does the job differently. 
So anyway model is not useless. It only becomes a problem when we think our model is reality.
I find this thought very interesting. Hope we can have a friendly discussion, not an angry reply I just received from one member