To the Now

An honest depiction of my life, week by week,

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, To the Now said:

Was it a culture shock to leave that church system?

Hi Paul!

Not at all. My parents were basically just kids themselves when I was little. They had become disillusioned with all of it by the time I was around 15-16 years old. I was old enough to go hunting and trapping on my own by then and I was using that as an excuse to miss Church as often As I thought I could get away with it. They quit going when they saw how I felt about it. They were never preachy about it and allowed me to reach my own conclusions.

I'll send you a message.

Ken Carey was living an hour east of Branson working for an Amish carpenter when he wrote this book a few years ago. It's a very right brained abstract kind of book. Basically you could call it channeled material. It had a big impact on me.

IMG_0224.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

my vocabulary isn't broad enough to describe what happened last night. Taking 5 grams of polysyllabic allowed me to experience consciousness in a way I have never been. Listening to Leo's guided meditate allowed me into a state of complete open mindedness, looking around the room in a way that has never been me before, hearing the words of the meditation with a different context and meaning than has ever been before. From this level of awareness, I listened to Leos guided enlightenment video, the Neti Neti method, and this is where it gets freaky. By the end of this hour long video, my awareness was no longer contained strictly in my head, aware of the bodily sensations that were there from the beginning, relaxing so completely that the vibration of the room filters through me, coming to the conclusion that I do not know what I really am, physically, metaphysically, existentially. what am I? my consciousness zoomed out, the room equalized and I became then space entirely, eyes closed, sensing what the room holds, feeling the energy of the room pulse back, forth, around, sounds, energy, subtle air currents, all of it perceived at a deep level, the level of change, below the labels assigned to reality. It was awe inspiring. complete surrender to the actual moment of reality. Merging with the existence of the room. There are no words that can do it justice. it was not simply an "Experience" it was not an object or feeling, it was an awareness of my true nature, the watcher, the perceiver. Pure Being

Paul

@Zigzag Idiot Hey David!

That is very interesting, to see that your parents did not try to control you completely when you decided to start taking life into your own hands, that is really amazing, it allows you to move past the limitations of your history and into the future with less baggage, and the fact that they let you discover your own conclusions, that is powerful in life! I understand and resonate with that, when I was 14 my parents moved to Northern California, tired of the complacency of their great but too comfortable lives. This allowed them and myself and my siblings to experience more of life, to learn and expand out awareness. My parents are some of the best and most supportive friends.

That book looks interesting! Ill save the info on it for when I have the free time to give it the attention it deserves.

Paul 

Hey all,

This will be my last post for the for see able future, I am on a path to financial freedom, to fund my passion of music and the have the ability to focus all of my time on my passions, and make an impact in the world. its been good, I wish all of you greatness in your life. keep growing!

Paul Wyatt

Good luck, Paul. ?‍♂️

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn