Merkenstein

Internalizing Life Purpose Course Core Concepts

5 posts in this topic

I'm currently working though the core concepts, how much time do you recommend spending on each concept internalizing it. obviously it's better overall to really accept and implement each core concept into your life, but how far should this be taken for the purposes of advancing the course?

Will actual life implementation work start in earnest later in the course or even after I've watched all the videos in the course? Do I just need to worry about understand and accepting each concept intellectually, or is now  the time I need to really hunker down, spend several weeks if not months on each video refining and internalizing my understanding to the point where it's a natural part of my life?

Right now I watch on average four or five videos a week. I take detailed notes on each video (approx. four pages) for review later; I have an implementation document of real life steps I can take towards adding these concepts into my life, and I invest in some of the books recommended. all of this gives me a good understanding of the concepts but not immediate internalization before I find myself moving onto the next topic.

Thanks for checking out my post!

@Robert In what regard? with the course, career, life? there's things I want to improve on and get better at, but I don't know exactly what the one thing I want to truly devote myself to and master is.

@Merkenstein I assumed you were farther in the course, sorry.

I was gonna say don't prioritize internalizing every concept and instead start chipping away at your 10,000+ hours of deliberate practice since it'll probably be the thing that takes the longest but is the biggest deciding factor.

Mastery and passion are like the meat and potatoes of life purpose. You could ignore everything else, but if you're doing the thing you love most and you're getting better at it every day, you will be so happy.

But as for internalizing the concepts, I would say start doing it after you complete the course. You're already taking good notes, so it's best to just focus on getting through everything. Then when you're done and you have the big picture you can focus on internalizing what you need to.

It shouldn't take long at all. I, personally, didn't intentionally take the time to memorize/internalize any of the core concepts. I just went through everything as Leo told us, I took good notes that I would look back to when needed, and I also go back to any specific video when needed, and so I'm never stuck.

You seem to be over thinking things. Just follow the directions and be confident. Find your "one thing" that you love, have fun working hard at it every day, do your research, make your plans, and then look forward to the impact you're gonna have. This is what life purpose boils down to, pretty much.

Good luck.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@Robert Thanks for the advice!

The course really made me start thinking about how to be in the top five percent, looks like I might have been overzealous in my approach. I'll have to take a look at some less intense approaches and see if any stick.