Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Letsimprove

Self-Honesty: a Requirement for real Growth

1 post in this topic

I requested this topic a while ago in a Youtube comment, but that wasn't very official. Title is just a suggestion, and seems to fit the bill.

This is related to Leo's video, "Fake growth vs real growth, what if you're just tricking yourself?". It would be a very practical, foundational topic in my opinion, hence the word requirement in the title. What I want to see covered in this topic; the ramifications of total self-honesty and how to implement it. How the mind uses tricks to avoid being self-honest, and distorts facts and uses sleights of hand to make you look elsewhere for solutions. Using self-honesty as a way of taking stock of where you are at in your journey, what has/hasn't worked, what threshold guardians you may be struggling with most and why that is. Using Self-honesty as a way to truthfully self-reflect, and as a necessary and skilful antidote to bullshitting yourself and choosing an easier path that perhaps doesn't serve you as well in the long-term. 

The recognition that self-honesty also means being intimate with yourself, and not running away from who you are right now, and that it is totally an emotional game you play in developing it. Because total self-honesty is like a very bright light or a clean mirror for the ego, and it burns quite a bit to be seen in such a clear-cut manner.

The topic can cover; self-honesty for how you are behaving in relationships, general personal development, spirituality, psychology+beliefs, health, and fitness etc. Very much hope to see this covered one day :)

Adam.