Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Virgo

LOSING BODY SENSATION WHILE MEDITATING

1 post in this topic

Hello Actualizers....

I want to share with you this meditation experience, I’ve had it more than 20 times. I’ll share, so you can give an idea what’s going on and maybe you experienced the same or had interesting experiences to share ? I started meditation 17 months ago, when my friend Introduced it to me. He started meditation first watching a Leo video, and I was kind of spiritual In that time too, and he said to me hey meditation is the right thing for you, you are calm somehow introverted.(btw my friend stoped meditating after like 7 months) After like 15 days of meditation or so I become a vegetarian too. I think being vegetarian helps a lot with your practice (I always told my friends how I was angry at some aspects of life or daily life, and after I stoped eating meat, I’m somehow really different and more calm and positive, It does not make any sense maybe, but I did an experiment once, ate meat for a day, and my lvl of frustration was high almost critical) That being said, the first 6 months I was doing normal meditation, eyes closed, palms facing upward on my knees, and just sitting on my heels. I did 10 to 15 minutes a day. It was hard at the beginning but I got used to 10 minutes a day. I was getting better, feeling more calm, and enjoying it everyday.(To be honest I started meditation for the mind and emotional benefits, I did not know anything about spirituality and staff like Actualized.org is explaining) It become like an exercise, this was a good motivation for me becouse like every other activity that you enjoy it and put it in the mind that is a good practice that helps you achieve something or well being overall you will keep going ? After 6 months I started practicing a meditation technique named “Shambhavi Mudra” which I saw on a YouTube explained by Sadhguru. So I decided doing 10 min Shambhavi and 10 normal meditation.(btw I used the mantra I’m not the body I’m not even the mind while doing it) After 1 month of regular meditation and Shambhavi I started experiencing a feeling of dislocation from the body. In this experience I don’t feel my body anymore. Is not that mind mind is calm, I would say my mind is like 30 % calm, but my body is not there. It starts as an energy or awareness going anti clockwise and at first it felt like I was falling.(only once happened in a different way, just recently, felt like my aura was expanding and my body was not there, still my mind is the same, and I can think any kind of bullshit still I can’t fill my body, unless I open my eyes or move too mutch like lifting hand or something) I would describe it as Stillness and than after using the mantra “I’m not the body, I’m not even the mind” my awareness dislocates the sense of the body and tries to be something else. By the way “Shambhavi Mudra” is part of Krya Yoga, so using mantras is very powerful. (Even though sometimes I believe that that’s a pray to Hindu god Shiva) This happens to me like every 10 or sometime 20 days of meditation practice. I think it’s the next step of what they call Samadhi, or maybe I’m just lost in awareness becouse of the mantra I use. Recently I started some form of Yoga too, I think it will help, and as Iam not flexible, I’m trying to achieve the  lotus position?‍♀️ . One last information when I do this Krya, I feel tingling in my neck and sometime it moves involuntary to the right ? So what do you guys think, and what do you think I should do to go beyond this experience or to the next step ? Thank you ?