Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

Help me with a good name for a blog

4 posts in this topic

I'm going to start a blog after I've sold my apartment and my belongings. I will be almost financial independent after that. I'll probably rent something after that. 

I was interested in money as a kid, and have talents for drawing financial conclusions and decisions based on information that is not perfect. Like in stock market, in poker, in cryptocurrency market, in sports betting. All those fields include hidden information and false information along with accurate information. I am good at sort things out and take better decisions then most people, hence I am able to make money from those fields. 

I'm not interested in this like I was as a youngster, which is natural after you start to walking the path of enlightenmnet. I will only be involved in those fields to maintain a good amount of savings, but I will spend as less time as possible, only to have my balance floating and not dropping.

Instead I will run a blog, that embrace and explore the solitude life and the search and never-ending findings of the infinite true higher self. I would like it to be a "never ending" occupation, so even if I become 100 years old I will still run it. A nonprofit blog(as i said, I will keep my eran the money I spend from other fields) 

It's great to have something to answer people when they ask what I do in life, I'll simply answer.."I run this .... blog" 

But what would be a proper name, a really good name? Would "Never-ending discovery of our true nature" be a good name?  

What do you think?  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

2 minutes ago, rounder said:

I can't even sit down at tables where Im clearly the best at anymore, it always feels like a complete waste of time. 

What drives you to even keep playing? I can see the beauty in the game still, and have passion for it and what not, but its all a huge distraction to me.

What are you valuing when you play all this, even if I was steady at $50-200/per hour, it seems like a horrible investment compared to what you can be doing. This is just me and thats why Im asking because I really want to know how ya'll on this forum still justify playing cards and crypto. 

I mean, no matter what it seems competitive, and that hourly is just getting lower and lower unless you are studying everyday as much as the average player which is a lot of truth you could be finding out instead. 

but yeah thats a cool name, what about the domain though? Or I guess that doesn't really matter for blogs

True, it's not fulfilling, just to have some income. Are you familiar with Hold'em? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 minute ago, rounder said:

Lol, do I sound like someone who can handle The Great Game of PLO?

xD

Lol, the variance in PLO is huge. I played short handed(3-6 player) limit hold'em professionally for a few years. That variance in limit HE is bigger then in NLHE, but not as big as in PLO. Swings are huge and you can't really tell if you're a winning player or not unless you have 100.000++ hands behind you belt or more. 

It's a funny game though. 

The reason I played shorthanded limit was because you have to make marginal decisions and forced to play crappy hands which sort out the good ones from the bad players rather quick.

Specially the marginal play at the river is fascinating. I actually bet for value with nothing but 'king high' heads up, against player who occasionally make calls with 'queen high'

I've also called river bet HU with '10 high' and won against players who missed their low straight draws and tried to bluff at the river, after semi bluffing the flop and turn. :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

6 minutes ago, rounder said:

100k hands ain't shit. I thought Limit was figured out? I thought that would be like 90% bots. But yeah I played NL obviously, and now I'm remembering another reason I don't play, fuck bots and people who might be bots. It literally sucks the fun right out for some reason, even though it shouldn't 

I also just realized Im on a forum where everyone isn't American. And i'm in NY, so i'm banned from like 98% u.s. of rooms lol

Like fuck, if I could play poker in Sweden I probably wouldn't of made any of my posts I completely forgot how whack my country is in that sense. I also probably never would of found this site lol. 

like god damn, i'm about to go live in a cave in the east and somehow get wifi through it for an hour a day and live off that lols

Limit HU is figured out, not shorthanded. Bots are good at Heads up. Shorthanded is tricky for bots, they don't model how the other players understand each other very well. Heads up has no psychology to it, it''s all about mixing up your game and having a good diversity in your decision making within your range. 

Shorthanded has huge amount of psychology to it.   

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no?