Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adrija

Motivation

8 posts in this topic

Hi people, my name is adrija and i  am a high school student. I have a big goal to achieve. I have watched many Leo's videos and i have got really inspired to work towards it. But my only problem is that sometimes i am just super motivated to work to study but sometimes i lack that motivation.

What can i do to build up that motivation right at that pint of time? Need help.

Fortunately, Leo has a whole video on this. I can summarize his points here:

1st step, figure out why at that point in time you have a lack of motivation. Is because you are too tired? Is it because your study bores the death out of you? What is the reason.

2nd step, depending on your situation, you can try and apply necessary techniques to your scenario.

If you lack motivation because your studies bore the hell out of you, as it did with me, you really need to develop a very strong, motivational vision about the goal you are trying to achieve. You need to feel this vision, spiritually and emotionally. A vision strong enough has to fill you with motivation, so strong you can study without loosing focus. Then everyday connect with this vision.

If you do already have a lot of motivation, you can try any of these techniques:

- imagine yourself in your mind(somehow) enjoying your studies. You can imagine yourself getting a question right and feeling very proud, or imagine yourself finding the content interesting, or imagine yourself answering the questions very easily, and being proud from that. Then put A LOT of focus and feeling in this vision, and keep playing this vision in your head for a while until you are really motivated and ready to study again. Every time a negative thought comes into your head, QUICKLY switch to a thought, motivational, emotional spiritual thought about how much you love your studies. 

- You can use the Sedona method to release thoughts.

But the technique I personally find really effective is to become aware of the negative emotions you are feeling, and just feel into it. DONT REACT to the feeling, dont think about the feeling, but just feel and observe the feeling, ask yourself, what does it feel like? Where is the feeling? How long does the feeling happen? Does the feeling have a shape? etc. Eventually it will go away.

You can also use the wave method by Kelly Mcgonigal, where when a negative emotion appears, pretend the negative emotion is a wave, and pretend that you are surfing it, and when the negative feeling goes down, you are slowly riding down with the emotion, when the emotion is at full force, you are peacefully surfing it, remaining calm and peaceful.

A TIP:

a lot of psychological research has shown that browsing the internet, and making a lot of choices in the day(like texting) depletes your will power. Try not to do this during the day if you can manage.

studies have shown that your willpower increases from meditation. Try and do this every day. 

Hope at least 1 of these techniques help.

hey thanks a lot. ths sure is gonna help me

hey electroBeam thanks a lot for ur suggestion .its awesome. but cn u jst tell me the title of the video where u found ths stuff.

I can tell you one thing to remember. Do you know when it is the most important time to do the thing you need to do? When you dont feel like doing it. The good thing for you is this: It has been proven that after few minutes (not sure but around 10) of focusing on any activity, people start to enjoy it! The hardest part, then, is to start. So JUST START, it is that easy! And you will start to enjoy the thing in a while! Trust me! Good luck!

On 3/25/2016 at 8:34 PM, Adrija said:

hey electroBeam thanks a lot for ur suggestion .its awesome. but cn u jst tell me the title of the video where u found ths stuff.

I used a lot of videos and smudged them into 1. Here are some videos you will enjoy:

Leo's motivation video

Brendon's program mind video

Brendon's discipline video

Brendon's focus video

Kelly McGonigal's will power vid

and I used some books too, but I can't send you the link on here for legal reasons :(