Hamilcar

reality = measurement ?

4 posts in this topic

I don't know how many people awakened on this forum , or had a glimpse of enlightenment ...
But where do you think reality takes place really ?
Does it exist only when you perceive it , or is it existing even if no one is perceiving it ?
for exemple, does a rock exist when no one is here to perceive it ?
how do we define the reality of something , if that something isn't perceived or measured ?

@Hamilcar This will give you a great understanding, watch it at least a few times. 

He talk about what objects really are, and what it means to see them. Is there really anything more to them then the seeing of them? (Rhetoric question) 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 hour ago, Outer said:

Whether certain objects like rocks exist is an irrelevant question, the relevant question is what exists and doesn't change? What exists, and by that, absolutely? It's as simple as that. What we only can know is awareness, and when I say know, I mean absolutely so. Now we need to know what's truth, and once again, absolutely so. Awareness is truth because it is what can only be known. Then we'll take a look at appearances like a rock, it does not exist because we're talking in absolute terms. Neither does untruth, only truth exists and that truth is awareness. Although appearances do not exist they are necessary, for without appearance there cannot be awareness. Without untruth there cannot be truth. Necessity of untruth and appearance do not mean that they exist.

Hehe, are you Jed McKenna junior? ;)

But you explain it great though, and it's not a bad thing to be inspired. 

I like this dialogue btw. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

These questions are actually largely irrelevant to one's liberation. You can be completely enlightened without knowing a single "metaphysical" truth ie. What is reality composed of, where it takes place etc. 

Maybe you can have a deep trip and come to "know" some of these answers. But until that happens you'd just be speculating and at the end of the day it's not even necessary in the path towards enlightenment.