Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuteCornDog

Concentration & Memory Problems

3 posts in this topic

I would like to learn how to drive but I'm finding myself unable to focus on the driving book long enough.

I can only memorize short amount of times at a time.

I want to know the material. Not memorize answers to practice driving tests online.

Driving books are redundant and overfilled with garbage, they could easily make it 1/3 of what it is now..at least in my country. 

Find someone on youtube who does free drive-guide videos, there's gotta be thousands of vids out there going through all the basics, signs, crossroads .... also I found quite helpful to do all the tests and redo them until you get 100% scores. You can also find those online. 

that being said, you may need to work on your concentration if you are about to become a driver or you'll end up dead or in jail if you fall asleep or enter the fairytale land during long driving journey. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Hey CuteCornDog
I dunno if your obstacle is concentration & memory or learning driving-related stuff.

If it's the first, then here is what worked for me : I have ADHD and filling the first page of a school registration form or playing 5 minutes of Lumosity would knock me out. So I undertook Cogmed, and it was brutal, so much that I had to split up my daily training session accross the day in 3 parts, each bout sprinkled with a few pauses.
By the end of the program I could one session in one go, and now I'm able to marathon through dozens of student tests for hours with minimal tiredness.
If this is what you're looking for, here is the link https://www.pearsonclinical.co.uk/cogmed/cogmed-working-memory-training.aspx?tab=11

The exercices mainly involve remembering in reverse a pattern and that somehow boosts focus and attention. However, just like for everything, regular training is required to prevent skill decay.

Edited by Romulus_Lupus
ergonomics