Mao

I'm my mind's bitch

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, so.. as the title suggest my relationship with my mind isn't going as I like it to be, our relationship is  a one where I fill the role of a stupid naive little me, and my mind fills the role of an abusive manipulative partner, I can't focus, I can't take decisions as frequent as I want, I can't even do what I want to do with my life freely without being fucked in the ass every step of the way, so.. my question is Where should I start with my quest to tame my mind? Should I start with building concentration through practicing Samatha? Should I start by developing mindfulness? Should I start by setting a schedule setting goals and a intentions, learning some behavior modifications methods?

Ps. Personal experiences are most appreciated, thanx. 

12 hours ago, Mao said:

Where should I start with my quest to tame my mind? Should I start with building concentration through practicing Samatha? Should I start by developing mindfulness? Should I start by setting a schedule setting goals and a intentions, learning some behavior modifications methods?

These are all great!

No one can tell you where to start. You need to listen to your intuition. What feels good to you?

The mind is a computer machine. It's not really "evil". You just have programs installed that have "viruses" in them. 

- I use shadow work to find the viruses

- I use self love to heal the viruses against myself

- I use metta meditation to heal the viruses in me that attack other people

- and then I use non-duality to see that the viruses were all just an illusion.

12 hours ago, Mao said:

I can't focus, I can't take decisions as frequent as I want, I can't even do what I want to do with my life freely without being fucked in the ass every step of the way,

I also recommend the work by Ali - The Perception Trainers for this.

Edited by Brittany