Woody

Being An Amway Agent?

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

Recently one guy from my town called me that he can offer me a "second job". I had a meeting with him and some of the "bosses" of this agency and the whole thing is an MLM, Multi Level Marketing. If you heard about it, especially about Amway, what are your opinions, experiences? Is it worthy to give it a try?

Thanks!

I would never do that. Multi-level marketing is a scam and borderline illegal. The idea is probably that you have to buy stuff from people up the chain, which you then have to sell to people down the chain. You'll probably end up losing money on it.

At least be very, very careful with it and do research. Don't do it if you don't understand exactly what you're getting yourself into.

Wikipedia says:

The Federal Trade Commission issued a decision, In re Amway Corp., in 1979 in which it indicated that multi-level marketing was not illegal per se in the United States. However, Amway was found guilty of price fixing(by effectively requiring "independent" distributors to sell at the same fixed price) and making exaggerated income claims.

Edited by Jesper

I was apart of amway. I got roped in because I was a youngin in the military. I was led into it by a fellow airman who was naive as shit. I was skeptical from day one, but gave it a shot. Then I decided to say screw it when I realized how shady the head of our group was.

Personally I would avoid getting involved with an MLM, however, it is possible to make money. From what I've heard, you start making the good money when you get people to sell for you. You make a percentage off of the stuff they sell. If you're very dedicated and good at sales and marketing it is possible to make money from an MLM.

If you're just looking for some easy side money there's probably better options out there.