searchingserenity

Transforming your life

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm relatively new here and I'm thankful I could find an active forum which touches upon so many topics I'm interested in knowing more about. My apologies to the people who opened this thread with the idea that this would be a thread with tips. I'm here to seek help and advice.

I've been trying to transform my life for over 1.5+ years now. And I've succeeded in some ways. But not necessarily the way I wanted to change. Let's say all out sink or swim efforts will change something - though may not always be what you were aiming it.

Consciously been trying to transform since 3 months to becoming or having the specific things I want to be or have. All goals mapped out but I feel lost now, like I've overplanned and the passion has fizzled out. So once you know where to go and what to do and you suddenly find yourself lacking motivation, what do you do?

If you already have the map perfectly envisioned (which nobody does because life will throw crazy curveballs at you), you can start putting specific actions on the calendar to get tasks done. The first 1% of self-actualization is thought and planning, the next 99% is action. If you need motivation for your actions, consider not only the ramifications of your actions for yourself, but also for your family, friends, community, country and world. It's a beautiful thing when you bring your insights into reality! 

On 6/23/2018 at 8:39 PM, Wyatt said:

If you already have the map perfectly envisioned (which nobody does because life will throw crazy curveballs at you), you can start putting specific actions on the calendar to get tasks done. The first 1% of self-actualization is thought and planning, the next 99% is action. If you need motivation for your actions, consider not only the ramifications of your actions for yourself, but also for your family, friends, community, country and world. It's a beautiful thing when you bring your insights into reality! 

Thank you.. this part above is so very true!!

On 6/24/2018 at 11:53 AM, sidyakinian said:

Notice changes and proud yourself on them.

One of the best ways is building habits, because they're very tangible. You can clearly see yourself meditating half an hour every day or working out continuously. Compare your new self with habits to your previous self, and you'll appreciate the change. Start habits very slow, with the easiest action you can think of, and build up from there.

Same thing with your mindsets and attitudes. Notice yourself moving up the Spiral Dynamics. Notice your motivations and emotions changing, growing better most likely if you're into personal development. A sense of progress will keep you moving.

It's like whenever you wanna stop, you think back to your old life. And you're like: "No, fuck that. I want changes! I'm so much better now." And here you go ;) 

You're right.. I think the problem always comes in execution. I end up making lists of habits to take up and then forget to follow through on it daily. But no more. I will keep at it, till I improve.

15 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@searchingserenity learn to appreciate the life you have NOW first

That is a part of it. I try to find atleast one thing a day I can be thankful for!