Preetom

Some of the most direct, deepest, lucid pointers from Nisargadatta Maharaj

1 post in this topic

Btw 

I AM = Being aware of being aware =The knowing with which you observe all phenomena = The shapeless, formless, limitless Consciousness, not any object in Consciousness = The sense that you exist, but not as an object.

An example:

1) Take the subtle feeling in your heart or head that suggests you are a limited creature whose body is located in the world. 

2) Gently ask " what is it that knows this experience?"

3) Loosen your grasp from all objects in consciousness and keep mingling/pondering upon the knowingness of that experience. You are resting in "I AM"

4) if distracted by thought, feel the experience of that thought and go back to step 2.

Important note: Don't waste time trying to imagine or conceptualize what lies beyond the 'I AM'. It's impossible for the mind to imagine this. All you can do is to inquire and stay with the 'I AM'...and wait. From here you have absolutely no control on your awakening.

You've climbed the mountain and now standing with a long iron rod in your hand. You've done your part. Now wait patiently for lightning to hit you. Don't daydream about getting hit by lightning.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''