David

Leo, Questions About Mindfulness And Awareness

6 posts in this topic

Recently I watched Leo's  video on awareness  and in it was mentioned that we are basically  asleep and that "levels of awareness" that are in "orders of magnitude" higher are achievable. 

Now I'm on board with this and understand that we lie to ourselves and are not awake, aware, mindful etc. like 99.99% of the time and that this can, for  lack of a better term, be fixed. 

So my question is this: What is the benefit? Why do it, I mean, are we going to be like "Lucy" or something. Or is it just going to make life a little better. Or is it going to be like stepping out of the matrix and leave me wondering "why didn't I just take the blue pill" stay asleep, and be blissfully ignorant. 

OK, enough analogy, seriously... What is going to happen should I invest the years required to achieve these much higher states of awareness. 

I should mention also that there is an intuitive FEELING that this should be done or that it's correct in the very nature of it. 

Thank you again Leo and all who can help with this question? 

@David You'll probably feel better. Self-actualization is about actualizing yourself and personal development is about developing yourself. No wonder why everyone who is into this follows maslows hierarchy of needs up to Enlightenment. It's almost, if not actually, an ego thing. And selfish.

It's only another step to grow yourself and make yourself feel better. Your thinking will change, your perception of life and reality and your attitude. But the bigger use? What will waking up do other than you feeling better? Maybe you will feel amazing. Probably not much else, maybe some lifestyle changes. 

Edited by The Son

I think when you're more awake you're more prone to actually do stuff & build the life you want imo. The pettiness and societal constructs will not matter to you as much. Before you develop some sort of conciousness your problems seem like such a big deal and you're in your little social bubble & easily fall into turmoil. All I know is now that I feel like I'm more aware, I sure as hell don't want to go back to the way I was. I also have more trouble letting myself go on auto-pilot because I'm actually observing myself self-sabotage, rather than thinking something happened "to me" (when it was actually my responsibility). I can't really imagine being more awake... but I can't wait.

@David

I mean practically speaking if you are more aware of whats going on example thougts, emotions etc. you will get master on it, probably you will feel better:)

If I may put it simply, it'll put you in a much better position for taking full responsibility in your life, and when this happens, you can accept and see that reality is always fine just the way it is. This is a huge freedom to give yourself, and why wouldn't you?

You'd think that this would make you lazy and make living life pointless, but it's actually a step needed to tap into the rawest source of motivation and inspiration you can have, because now, there's no strings attached.

What would you do if you were all alone in a super cool and fun trampoline room?