Keithemson

How To Get Amazing Part 3 (unleash The Salesman Within)

3 posts in this topic

About 4 months left for my service in the Navy, you tend to get this question often "what will you do next?" "what will you study?"

well i did something quite unusual. instead of going to wait tables and save money so i can travel or start my higher education i decided to go live abroad and sell Dead sea skin care. my Training started then because i wanted to leave that place the moment i could i wanted to leave the day i was discharged!

the business is this, you find young energetic good looking people, briefly train them while promising them they will make thousands of dollars a week, and in fact some of them do! did you ever go to the mall was stopped buy some Israeli guy selling something? some of them make in one month what others make annually! 

so long story short, i wanted to leave ASAP, arrived at Sydney four months late. it was amazing for me. i was free! in the mall talking English all day, being confident and funny. i could stop people by offering them free samples and then manipulate them into buying an eye cream or serum or what eve.

I was never amazing but i was good for the start. on your feet, eight hours a day or more,  trying to cold sell strangers. Extreme emotional labor, all day, six long days a week. Rejection after rejection, no no no after no. not many stay. even less continue to do this for years. But what i loved and kept me was the psychology, the understanding and manipulation that just fascinated me. in many senses its similar to pick up, that might help relate. Many days where horrible! i would get sad or depressed and unmotivated, but this was a commission only based salary so i had to just do it or not eat. i would make 3 thousand AUD a month but others where making that weekly! or much more. Some sales companies are dishonest and aggressive, in fact most are, but you can be honest and you dont have to be aggressive, and that was my style. i was nice. and every other amazing sales person in this industry that i have met was a total piece of human shit with sever emotional disorders and obsessions of sorts.

in this company i met my business partner. he was an introvert social outcast like me, and we became good friends.(not that there was something wrong with us, he was french and i was British Israeli surrounded by immature Israeli 21 year olds. we just preferd to keep to ourselves) taking our days off together getting thai massages. he is french, left home at 17 to live in Thailand and way more advance then me in personal development, but at that time we both dident know that, and he offerd me to open our Owen shops and i agreed because it seemed interesting and i had nothing better to do. so we continued to work and i saved some money, went traveling in Thailand for a month after the Christmas of 2012. we where both 22 when we decided to start our new lives in the kingdom of thailand

Come on man, you shouldn't open a new thread for every entry. Just keep posting all your entries in one single thread. That will be your journal. 

Yeah I understood that last night when I saw your journal. I'll fix it tonight. 

Edited by Keithemson