Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Setty

A dream that stops being a dream

2 posts in this topic

I had peculiar experience this night that have never happened to me before. I mean I had a lot of dreams that were like full-blown trips where I was completely concious and it was freaky as hell but this was totally different. 

At first it was a dream like any other.  I was in some community of very close people. It seemed like the wolrd was at war or something because everything around me was in ruins but the people I knew wanted to make the best of it I guess. 

I remember a lot of us went to a big hall with a very curous device that people sat in. I know I didn't really know what the device does but I wanted to try it. When I sat there and I couldn't back down anymore the instructor started to tell me what it does. He said I won't be able to move a bit and I will be concious in a delirious state.  The device started to move up and down like in a bungee trampoline of some sort. I was very tired and wanted to fall asleep. Then it started to get freaky.  The falling down caused me the feeling of waking up to the real world and at the boundary between a dream and a wake state when I was supposed to just wake up from a dream the device pulled me back to the dream fully awake and conscious.

I remember that I realized it was not a dream in a bit. I could see and hear normally like I was in a awaken state not sleeping at all. my cognitive abillities were at normal and saying it is just a dream would defy common sense in the same way I would say now this reality is just a dream.

Then I remember talking about it with my dearest friends what should we do about it. We knew nobody would trust us and people are occupied with their important worlds trying to find their place in a broken world. Who would even consider the idea that their reality is not really real and there is so much more to it. 

I also remember right before I finally woke up like I normally should my girlfriend shouted at me that I am just leaving them there running to my safe reality. I remember I wanted to make her understand but she was just very hurt by it then I closed my eyes and I just pictured my room and when I opened them I was awake here. It didn't even felt like waking up to be honest. I just opened my eyes and thats it. My memories faded quicly and I don't remember most of what happened I don't even remember anyone I encountered but I remember the device and how it felt being in it.

The situation with the device was very similar to my first trip experience where I was with my friends and I din't know what am I getting myself into and we then just talked how is it possible that nobody really knows about this stuff and that there is a whole new reality in this drug.

Has any one of you had something similar happened to them? What other crazy stuff happened to you in a dream state?

Oh man, I've never had a dream in which the dream characters addressed normal waking reality. That's lucidity to the extent that you can have a conversation comparing and contrasting the dream reality to this reality, sounds like a total mindfuck. Fingers crossed you get to revisit that situation when you fall asleep again and dig deeper, providing you'd be comfortable with that. I always found my dreams felt just as real as this "real"ity, they are just more short-lived and don't have as much continuity.

Edited by Nathan