Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vipassanaboy

Vipassana Retreat

4 posts in this topic

Any People on here do the 10-day retreat?

If so how was your experience ? 

I'll start: 

During the First three days the days felt like weeks,time felt like passing slower and after 5-6 days i felt an intuitive alignment with the changing nature of phenomena,perceptions.

At the end of the Ten Days i felt like all of the Participants where close Friends which i've known for months. Because of this feeling i became more social at the End. 

The Real exciting thing was going back into the city i live in.

Everything felt so chaotic and fast.

People on the Streets seemed to look unaware and not knowing of this experience. And this only after 10-Days one has to imagine the changes after 20/30/40-Days. ?

Edited by Vipassanaboy

Hey, 

I have done it for the first time few mont ago and it was a great experience ! It was psychologicaly hard for me, I had a lot of up and down mixing around euphoria and depression but it was great and I have felt very aware of my addiction after the 10 days. It motivated to take more seriously meditation and to meditation 2 hours a day including Yoga for the moment . 

Anyway, I recommand you to do this kind of exeprience every year as it can be a huge opportunity to grow our psychology and consciousness. 

Yes, i'm definitely going to continue as it helped me greatly socially and made me more aware.                                        I also remember that i struggled quite a bit.:D

Good luck in your future practice. Metta! ;)