Soumya

A New Journey Of Progress

23 posts in this topic

Today I take control of my life completely. My past will no more decide my future. I will accept every negative thought that comes to my mind, I will live the thought . If I fail, I will accept it. If I succeed, I accept it as well. Nothing in life is forever , so are my failures and successes. Whatever is happening to me is for my highest good. I will master my emotions by building a shelter of faith and patience until the storm passes away. I used to believe that life will unfold in an orderly way according to my hopes and expectations but I realize now that life is like a river always changing. My journey is going to be a beautiful one , with every passing moment I am getting close to wisdom and peace.

Life requires more than knowledge. It needs intense feeling and constant energy, to make that knowledge come alive right action is needed. I am a peaceful warrior who will be useful to others. Like a young child ,I will freshly respond to each moment , without expectations.

I won't wait it to happen , I will make it happen!

I will start small, take baby steps. I  will follow this timetable tomorrow  -

-> Wake up at 3:30 a.m.

->sudarshan kriya + meditation upto 4:30 am

->-read newspapers + make notes - 4:45 am -6:45 am

->exercise -6:50 to 7:15 am

-> study for 6 hours [ topics: discovery of gravitational waves+ drugs for T.B+ make mind maps + study class notes + study political science]

->personal development  for 1 hour [read the Artist's way +'Byron Katie's- the work' ]

Edited by Soumya

My day was good, though not the best!

I got up at 4:30 am , meditated for 20 minutes. It was so tough to be thoughtless even for a minute. However, I sat down silently for 20 minutes . I read the newspaper from 5:20 to 6:45am , I did not make notes. I exercised from 6:50 to 7:20 am. I could study for 4 hours. I studied about the gravitational waves and economy.

Where am I going wrong ?

1)I get anxious when I don't follow a time table

2)I don't stick to my time table -> I am lazy -> I am not fit

3)I procrastinate studies-> I do that because I have less clarity-> I don't set realistic goals->I do not know what to study-> the syllabus is vast and I get overwhelmed.

4)I am confused-> as I am trying to do so many things at a time

What am I going to do ?

1) I got to make a time table daily and follow it religiously

2)I will stay fit to be energetic ->exercise regularly

3)I will set realistic and achievable goals

4)I will go through a book without expecting whether questions will come from it or not. I am becoming too much target oriented , which is good after I have an overview about the subjects. To gain an overview I will study and understand the subject first.

5) I am doing too many things at a time -> I will stick to only two things ->One subject(economy for now ) & newspaper , so my target for a day will be completion of newspaper and completing specific topics of economy.

Tomorrow's plan

->(meditation(4- 4:30)

-> newspaper+ note making (4:30 to 6:30)

->exercise (6:30 to 7:15)

->classes(8 to 11:30)

-> economy(topic : agriculture , unemployment, planning process ) , discussion on TB drugs + Gravitational waves

->art of living (meditation classes)

Edited by Soumya

My day was pretty good, not the best though. There's always a room for improvement , you can't be perfect and you have to accept it. Today, I realized that I am not under depression. I am rather moody and not disciplined, when I don't define my targets I get overwhelmed. Now, I find an answer for my mood swings as well. The truth is bitter and here it is! -  I can speak to everyone about my problems, they also can empathize . I may hire a life coach and get coached every week , I may feel the loneliness always and break down very often BUT no one can help me except for myself!

What I lack in my life is a passion and why do I lack it? I lack it because I am not completely aware. While studying today , I noticed that I don't brainstorm and I don't brainstorm because I feel that I will not have time for other things.

What will I do?

1)Go slow , brainstorm and understand topics 2)Go fast and mug up things

I prefer the earlier. So, from today if I take more time for any topic(even a day or two) I won't blame it on me. I should accept that it's perfectly fine to be slow.

Why do I feel I won't have time to study other things? Because I don't follow time table properly and I have targeted way beyond my limits

What will I do?

1)Follow time table  2)Target only on preliminary exam for now

Progress for today was good - Read newspaper and realized that I don't need to make notes for them everyday, everyday the newspapers are different, they need a different approach. To generalize them would be utter foolishness. Well, I made my current affairs note on 'evernote'. I did focus on two topics economy and newspaper. I almost covered everything I planned , a total of 3-4 hours of studies and 3 hours of classes.

I have to be consistent with meditation and exercise -> I did not do it today!

A new finding -> I don't study well in my room because my mind chatters a lot , I study well when there are creatures around me especially birds and trees . I am yet to find out why? I sit in the nearby park for about 4-5 hours and study effortlessly!

Tomorrow's plan [ I will get up at sharp 4:00 am tomorrow]

->(meditation(4- 4:30))

-> newspaper+ note making (4:30 to 6:30)

->exercise (6:30 to 7:15)

->classes(8 to 11:30)

-> economy(topic : lecture 9 to lecture 14)

Hey,

finally found time to read the first entries of your journal! I'm glad you are into it. ^_^

You are doing good and so are your thoughts!

On 7.3.2016 at 3:59 PM, Soumya said:

I will accept every negative thought that comes to my mind, I will live the thought . If I fail, I will accept it. If I succeed, I accept it as well. Nothing in life is forever , so are my failures and successes. Whatever is happening to me is for my highest good.

Is an important part, I guess. You should probably write it down separately and put it somewhere you can see it. I see extreme reactions towards your failures:

5 hours ago, Soumya said:

I am rather moody and not disciplined

On 8.3.2016 at 5:49 PM, Soumya said:

I procrastinate studies

I am lazy -> I am not fit

get anxious when I don't follow a time table

Don't be so harsh on yourself! You are doing good and I also see realistic changes. I believe the schedules you set up are too tight and it's easy to fall off track. You panic when you fail, you blame yourself. You are not lazy! You're finding realistic solutions.

Proof:

Problem:

I am trying to do so many things at a time

Solution:

I will stick to only two things

Good one!

Keep going, I will read your posts and will try to help you as good as I can. :)

@Anna & @zenny- thank you :)

Anna - I will surely work on my reactions to failures.

keep reviewing !

@Soumya

10 hours ago, Anna said:

I will accept every negative thought that comes to my mind, I will live the thought . If I fail, I will accept it. If I succeed, I accept it as well. Nothing in life is forever , so are my failures and successes. Whatever is happening to me is for my highest good.

:)

Day was ok , not great. Could have achieved many things, but did not ..wasted time watching a comedy series. (for 4 hours!)

Got up at 3 am, personal development upto 4 am, came across some beautiful videos on setting goals and achieving them!My habits are not in coherence with my goals, and for the habits to be coherent ->my beliefs need to be strong! Meditated for 20 minutes, newpapers - notes , (4:30 to 7), exercised(7-7:30) classes (8-12), unproductive(12-4), 4-5 (nap), (5-7)(economy).

Today is a big day! I will set my goals and adopt strategies, habits and beliefs that will help me to achieve them.goals.PNG.3b8be6fc075b6cd15d76d72503d4c2I will give a definition to the pyramid tonight!

I am excited :)

Edited by Soumya

16 hours ago, Soumya said:

wasted time watching a comedy series. (for 4 hours!)

That's ok, never mind. ;)

Make sure you don't fall off track:

Day was not ok, not great! I did set my targets for the day. I have given definition to the pyramid, but I need to rethink on it. I will do it in a day.

Achieved 40% of targets, got up at 5am, completed one chapter economy, classes(8-12), had lunch and slept, studied from 4-6(2 chapters geography)

Still to do newspapers and notes -will complete them anyhow today, why I find newspaper so tough :( ! I got to work on this, I am unable to consolidate notes while making them from newspapers. It's time taking!

Missing home! Wish to be with family.

I like you waking up early. 

Veggies make me fart 

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle

10 hours ago, Veggies make me fart said:

I like you waking up early. 

I even like it :)

It's Saturday morning! I got up late - 7:00 am

I read newspaper - 7:30 to 9:30 am , talked to home for an hour. I was struggling within myself today to come up with a proper strategy! A strategy which is doable. I study well when I am alone, being away from home is a blessing in disguise. Moment of truth - I seek external suggestions from my fellow mates who prepare for the same exam as I do, before any conversation with them my mind  is clear and still, but after the conversation my mind is turbulent. I self-doubt my plans and strategies. They suggest me to write mock tests. I have been running away from mock tests always. But they will prepare me for the exam, I cannot undervalue it's importance. I have to integrate them in my strategy for the exam. I will accept the fact that I have started my preparation quite late , but that should not be an excuse for my underperformance.

Why mock tests bother me a lot? ->because I have not completed the syllabus even once -> what I will do ->study the basic books first->study the standard text books ->revise daily ->attend a test series ->assess my performance ->revise everything ->appear for my final exam

I will define the pyramid and freeze my plans till July 2016, hence forth I will never ask anyone how to do it. I will never complain about my strategies and I will never judge them.

Goal- To clear stage-I of the exam which is to be held on Aug7,2016

Strategy- (what to do ?)=> A 4 step process => READ->REVISE->TEST->READ+REVISE

Targets -

March 12 to April 12=> basic books + (newspapers + note making )

April 12 - May 30 => standard books + (newspapers + note making )

June 1 to June 30 => Revise and  give tests +(newspapers + note making) (give tests frequently to fail frequently so that you succeed finally, live your fears  )

July 1 to July 30 => Read less(20%) , revise a lot(80%)

Process - the  routines that are to be followed daily (I will update the to-do list and accomplished lists daily)

Habits - I pull in 4 hours of studies everyday , but this level of studying won't help me to clear the exams->so I will pull in minimum of 9-10 hours of studies daily with out fail excluding the classes!

Beliefs - The strategy I have set for myself will help me to accomplish my goals with ease. So, from this moment I will not focus on what and how it should be done, and start doing it. The exam is not easy but it's simple.

Why this exam? I want a better life for myself , my family , my surroundings and the world !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To - do list today (Risking my tonight's sleep)

1)newpaper + notemaking

2)Geography (Earth out Habitat )

Target achieved ! I nailed it :D- completed it well before time.. its going to be a  peaceful night

Timetable for tomorrow - Get up at 4 am , meditate , newspaper + note making, geography (book on our environment). It's tough to complete a book in a day , but nothing is impossible.

With this level of hard work, everything will fall in place.

Edited by Soumya

21 hours ago, Soumya said:

Target achieved ! I nailed it :D

YES! Keep going. xD I celebrate your success!

Thank you! I love the way you help me every single time.

you are pure love :)

@Soumya As I told you, I will read your journal from time to time. ;) The last entry made me feel a spark of happiness. 

Have you already seen Leo's latest video? I highly recommend it to you. It's really helpful. :)

Got up at 4:30 am , achieved 70% of my targets , tired today :(

I suck at newspapers and note making! I will work at it mindfully from tomorrow onwards.

completed two books in two days, they were easy to handle-> will revise them tomorrow

Target for tomorrow -

get up at 4 am , news paper + note making (4:30 to 7:00 am), class - 8 to 12 , revise well + read current affairs ( 5 hours of studies)

Though I was able to pull in 7 hours of studies , I can do a lot better. I will bring more clarity into studies , I still self doubt . I can do a lot better - I am gaining momentum but I have to be more serious about it. It's now or never!

There's a drastic change in me - I used to study for 2 hours a day , I pulled in 7 hours today.

I have to work on focus and dedication! A single minded effort will bring in more understanding.

I get exhausted very soon.

I struggle to cope up with a restless mind.

30 minutes ago, Soumya said:

I get exhausted very soon.

I struggle to cope up with a restless mind.

Relax and meditate. It's ok to rest. Refill on energy. ;)