Ikramini

Free Will Vs Determination

4 posts in this topic

Hello There

I have posted this morning that some of Leo videos have material which seems contradictory.. and I have got some feed backs on my post . one of them was from Abrakamowse who mentioned a video in which Leo involves the film matrix as a means of clarification .. I kept on listening randomly to Leos videos today, and suddenly there was the video in which he speaks about free will vs determination , he made it so clear that he classifies his videos into two types due to the listeners stage of understanding and accepting the facts.. some are for newly researchers of spirituality,, and some are for those who have been in this path for  a while... I loved this video and sent the link to all my friends and family members  ... I apologize for being judgmental of Leo.. he is just awesome ..   This video is saying it all... Oh how wonderful that I am led to only great enlightened people ... thank you Leo ..what a liberation when we know that all we are here to do is to surrender to what is, as Ihaleakala says  we are here to clean our data to go back to the Nothing, which is where Divinity in us regions... WOW..

I can't comment on what Leo says about free will vs determinism. 

But the concept is very simple.

A higher level of awareness can know what a lower level of awareness is going to do without depriving this lower state of awareness of free will.

A simplified example.

Suppose you give your dog one dish of juicy meat which you know he is crazy for and another dish of something you know he does not like, say vegetables. Which dish is your dog going to chose?  Have you in any way deprived your dog of free choice?

You can have the free will to choose, but without higher awareness you do not have the ability to choose what you are going to choose.

I think people should be careful not to mistake having no free will with being a victim of your circumstances. It's very easy to say, well fuck it, I have no free will anyway, might as well let it all go to shit. The no free will thing is a thought provoking concept to make you question yourself and your beliefs, but ultimately having no free will is just another belief. Only if you are at a certain level of enlightenment can you truly grasp what it means to have no free will and what it means in your own experience of reality.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

10 hours ago, vizual said:

The no free will thing is a thought provoking concept to make you question yourself and your beliefs, but ultimately having no free will is just another belief.

The concept of no free will actually helps to reduce suffering. Particularly suffering concerned with the past. How many of us have looked back and thought 'what if' and 'if only' and 'it could have been like this' or 'why did that happen'? Sitting around feeling depressed and sorry about the wrong choices we made or the shit that happened.

But when you realise that everything that happened was always going to happen the way it did, because there is ultimately no way to change what happens, then you let go off the 'alternative' possiblilies that you think could have been and take responsibility for where you are at right now.

Free will is an illusion but it doesn't mean that because we don't really have it then we stop doing anything. It does, however, mean that we need to be more accepting of the reality that happens to us, and stop questioning what we can't change or control.

Everything that happens to us in life, happens the way it does. There is no other way. Our futures aren't known to us but what happens is exactly what will happen. There will be no choice in it, even though we spend every day 'making choices'.

Reality is a chain reaction of cause-and-effect events. Even our own thougts, decision, actions and our whole lives. Just cause-and-effect giving more cause-and-effect. Even a simple desicion is not open to 'free will' because it is 'made' based on evidence that points to the most effective and beneficial cause of action. The course of action you were always going to take, because it's the course of action you do take.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu