Sine

My 28-days Healing Cleanse

25 posts in this topic

23-04-18

DAY 23! (And the weekend day 20-22)

My computer has returned from the dead, so for that I am very happy! Also the weekend was amazing. I love my friend so much, and his school was surrounded by all this beautiful nature. We had some great walks, a meditation in the woods, and a run Saturday morning, where I ran faster than ever before. We did 6km in 35 minutes. It was slow for him of course, but for me it was amazing, and I felt so proud of myself.

Food-wise, everything went well, actually better than expected. I ate completely raw Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Also most of Sunday, expect from dinner where I ran out of my own food, and the school didn't serve a salad that day, so I had some of the baked potatoes, a piece of baked eggplant and some cooked cauliflower-salad. But still only vegetables.

I had brought with me two bags of vegetables and fruit (only one bag of clothes haha) In the mornings I ate mostly my own fruit, one of the days they served som berries that I ate, and friday morning I had a smoothie I brought from home. My friend had bought some smoothies from the store and the school served salad to most of the meals, so it was easier to get by than I expected. Saturday my friend went to the store and bought some bananas, apples and berries for me, since my bags was almost empty, but overall I think it went great.

It was fun to see peoples reactions to my food. The morning I had the watermelon it was a bit weird to sit and eat it in front of his class, because I got the feeling that people thought I was a freak.. But actually most people said it made them happy to see, and I thought about that. Fruit really makes people happy. it's hard to be angry while pealing an orange. Just the smell, the color, and the sweet taste... It lifts your mood. Also I have thought about that this way of eating makes me a bit judgemental. It's not something I'm proud of, but I guess it's better to speak the truth to yourself. While staying at the school, and so clearly eating a lot different than the 'normal'. Just seeing people sit beside me and eating for example cheese, drinking milk, or .. I won't even mention meat. It makes me sad because I know how it hurts them, and how they hurt their bodies. I just want's to shout everything I know out, or throw apples and blueberries at them.. but I also don't wanna be that type of person to put my believes out on everyone else. It's difficult. It's like the time I started meditating, and really began to understand. I couldn't force everyone around me to start meditating, just because I had figured it out. No matter how sure I was that it was the ' right thing to do' - people had to walk their own road. I just wish that society would stop brainwashing people to think it's necessary to eat meat and drink brestmilk from cows. At least..

I talked with one of the students at dinner about living on a raw-food diet, I think it was Friday or Saturday.. I remember he said "Yea but what kind of life would that be" (If you couldn't have macdonalds, , cakes, pizza and so on..  And it's not like - I mean... I will definitely have some  vegan pizza and vegan ice cream after the cleance, but it just got me thinking - what kind of life would that be? A life with a body at ease? A life with less physical and maybe even less mental pain? a longer life? a happier life? or would it really be miserable, having to miss out on macdonalds and pizza? Would it be worth it? 

This day went by okay. I miss my friend a lot, and some shit happened to my project. Actually I just had a steamed artichoke. It was steamed so a bit out side of the ' rules' but It's the last week, and I know a lot of people eat a baked potato in the evenings of the last week to get the stomach used to regular food again, so maybe my potatoes can be artichokes. I don't think its such big of a deal, there isn't much fat in artichokes anyway, and it was only steamed. In the morning I had a smoothie - the regular one with blueberries, celery and so on (Really missed these in the weekend!) for lunch I had some fruit. A pear and an apple I think, later some mango, avocado and tomato. In the evening I made the dish with blended garlic-tomato-dressing on the top of a whole sliced up cucumber with some cabbage. Just now (after the artichoke) I ate a banana and drank some juice my friend bought for me (it's 100% pure fruit)  It's cool that I only have a week left. In june I will do it again for only two weeks - I saw a raw-food challenge at facebook, and thought it would be easy after this! Also I got my friend to sign up with me, so it will be cool :D

I have to tell you about my period also! Even though it hurt thursday evening, it didn't get worse, and I didn't really felt anymore pain throughout the weekend. Maybe the cleanse has something to do with it! Or maybe it just helped that I had sex with my friend or that we went out running or that I just relaxed so much and didn't feel stress... I will never know, but it's nice to be painfree, and soon I will also be blood free. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after.

Also I got all my vitamins and nutrition-pills. My friend is a huge nerd in that field, and he helped me put together a list of all the things I need to help cure my Hashimoto and the shingles. Hopefully I will help, but it is weird to take so many pills everyday. I will post a picture tomorrow!

Hugs, and goodnight

Sine

24-04-18

DAY 24!

Wow, only 4 day left! It's so stange tot hink about that I actually haven't eaten a single piece of bread or candy for 24 days. *highfive to myself yay* - But still, I will definitely use this as a beginning for a more healthy lifestyle, but I look forward to the taste of for example roasted vegetables and also chocolate to be honest. 

Early morning: Banana

Morning: Smoothie with bananas, blueberries, spinach, celery and cucumber 

Lunch: Salad with tomatoes, cucumber, an avocado and a bit of mango and apples

Afternoon: Some dates and figs, also an apple and a smoothie with mango and carrot bought from a store

Dinner: Salad with tomatoes, cucumber, onion, cabbage, an avocado and a very small artichoke (steamed)

Before bed I might eat a banana and an apple

The cleanse has been very expensive, and I try to get by with the vegetables I have left, since I kind of ran out of money.. I really look forward to tomorrow where I will get some money for a cleaning job, then I will buy some bananas. I could take money from my savings, but I have done that to many times for the last couple of months, so I really wants to try not to. Also it is good for me to see how little I actually need to survive, and maybe I will be better at managing my budget in the future. Also there isn't so much time until the 1st of May, so I think I can make it. 

As promised, here is a picture of all my vitamins and supplements - It's not all of them that I will have to take always, but it's a lot.. I'm not sure if I have noticed any effect yet, but it's only been since friday afterall. It makes me a bit nauseous to eat so many pills, and if it continues I'll have to stop taking some of them. But I really trust my friend and Anthony Williams, so I will give it a month I think.

Other than these I take Iron-suplement once a month and omega-3 every morning. This is actually against AW but my friend has convinced me that I must continue to take them, so I will hold on to them also, at least for a while. 

Hugs,

Sine 

31253069_10213351488635765_2495413536990167040_n.jpg

26-04-18

It’s already day 26 but I’ll write about yesterday - DAY 25! - first!

Morning: I had a great morning with First a glass of lemon-wather, then a morning- interval run with 2 minutes jog, 2 minutes tempo run and 2 minutes sprints for about 26 minutes. Imo running is one og the greatest tool if you struggle with feelings like sadness, loneliness ect. That and of course also meditation. I have thought about How running and meditation actually fits really good together, and I think that my progress in one of them makes it easier to progress in another. Both things is about the practess of being in the now, and sticking to it, even though some part of you wants to stop and go eat Ice cream.. Hmm.. maybe it’s comparrable to the cleance also!

Second breakfast: Smoothie with bluberries, my last banana and some celery and spinach (also all of the freaking pills)

Lunch: This day I meditated in silence for 20 min. Then ate avocado with tomatos and orange and kiwi, also som salad leafs

Afternoon: Bought some bananas and a melon! Ate three bananas

Dinner: the lemon, and a fourth banana

Before bed: some dades

It’s so Strange to think about the cleance will be over soon. In some way I think the time has gone by fast. But I remember week two where I really found it difficult. It’s easier now, and I don’t think I will even be able to go completely back to ‘normal’ - I guess I will keep having meals with the only content of fruits and vegetables. I think a lot of the times I have felt pain in my stomach had something to do with the mixing of fruit and for example corn in one meal. I think it will be better to seperate them in the future and overall eat more meals like the ones I have eaten for the past weeks, and less corn, and hopefully never again milk products, it’s hurtfull for the cows anyway and hurtfull to me in another sense.. So what would be the point. They have great vegan icecream and I know an awesome place with vegan pizza... I’ll be fine - Also I can teach myself to make brie cheese (which I love) from nuts - its true you can do that! I saw it on youtube ;-)

Hugs,

Sine

27-04-18

DAY 27!

I forgot to write about yesterday omg! (Wouldn't it be funny if instead of oh my God we would start pronouncing it as oh my Gura?)  - To be honest, I am so tired right now I can't remember what I exactly ate yesterday, but probably a lot of fruit and veggies, maybe a smoothie with blueberries and stuff. I went to the theater with a friend in the evening, it was a bit hard to drink tea instead of beer. Not because I really like beer that much, but it's just .. Yea you know. I am maybe a bit tired of telling people that I am on a cleanse. I look forward to keep my healthy habits, but once in a while among friends eat a piece of cake or drink a beer or take some coke. Just occasionally. It's so cool that day 28 is almost here! One of my friends pointed out to me that he noticed some kind of new 'glow' on me, and I took that as a compliment - actually I feel kind of 'glowy'. It's nice. 

To the meals of today! 

Early morning: Woke up too late! Had a lot of weird dreams. Ate a banana, went to a cleaning job I have. Cleaned the house, ate another banana, went home to my boat. 

Morning: Made a DELICIOUS smoothie of frozen raspberry, banana, celery and hand protein powder. (Also took all my pills)

Lunch: I was in a hurry, because I had an appointment with someone who can help me with my theater-projects, so I didn't get to eat anything

Afternoon: After the meeting I bought some pears and a organic bottle of juice, then off to the train to visit my family

Dinner: My mom made a salad, mostly with leafs, but also onions and tomato - then she also made a smoothie with mango. Actually I also had a smoothie in the late afternoon with blueberries and bananas. Food taste some much better when other people make it for you!

I guess I will eat a banana now before I sleep. I am aware that I have been eating too little for the last couple of days. My body has been more cold, and just before I had an extreme shift from feeling soooo cold to felling really hot. My mother said that the onions have a strong cleansing effect, but I don't know. I'm so tired! GOODNIGHT! 

Hugs,

Sine

28-04-18

DAY 28!

Woooooooow day 28!!! So cool - I know I actually first really started at day 2, so the 28-days cleanse will only be fully complete tomorrow evening, but still its so crazy to see the date is the 28th! I remember day one, where this day felt so far away but I actually did it! The rest of my family also made it more or less. My brother who is 16 has definitely been eating more fruit and veggies, for example he now eats a smoothie on most mornings instead of  his oatmeal, and in the evenings he has eaten the same as me and my mother, at least what I have seen when I have been here, where my mother has made special/"normal" food for my youngest brother and sometimes some cooked vegetables for her husband, who has followed the cleanse in the day but eaten cooked meals at dinner-time for most days.

When I look back I think I have overall felt happier and stronger this month, compared to before. My emotional state tend to be a rollercoaster ride, and it is common for me to have periods of really heavy sadness after periods where I have been more positive, but this month, even though I have some lows at week two, and things have happened that have been challenging, I don't see that same pattern and "black holes" - So for my inner state, I can definitely see a difference, and that alone makes me want to stick with this way of eating for longer than just this month, and make it a choice of lifestyle. I really think it's important for your ability to develop, do self-injury and awaken to awareness, that you take care of your body, so you can be in your best possible state to handle whatever you need to handle in your life.

My meals of today:

Early morning: My mother made some juice of celery and apple - actually the cleanse suggest that you start everyday of the 28 days with celery juice, since it should have very cleansing abilities, but I don't have a juicer, and live on a boat so it would be a bit difficult to install one, so I have got my celeries in the smoothies, and then as juice when I have been visiting my family.

After the juice I did some yoga and went to take a shower. Then this strange things happened! All my back started hurting, from my shoulders, down my arms. It didn't last for long, but it really hurt and then my nose started bleeding. My mother said she had some similar symptoms. She told me that when she was a child her father had broken her arm, and throughout the cleanse she had occasionally felt pain in that arm, even though she hadn't felt that for years. So maybe what I felt was some symptoms of cleansing? I know some people would say that it could have been my yoga, but it was a veeeery easy program, and I have never felt that kind of pain before, not even from more difficult yoga sessions or running.

Morning: Bananas and apples

Early Lunch: Smoothie

Lunch: A pear

Afternoon: More smoothie and a salad

Dinner: Even more smoothie! I think my mother is tired of cooking, she only makes smoothie! But it tasted good! Actually I also had a bit of baked sweet potato since I don't want to give my body a shock when I start eating cooked food again, so I will start slowly now to take it more in my diet. 

Through the day I know I ate a lot of bananas, apples and dades, but I can't remember exactly how many. 

Before bed: A banana and more juice of apple and celery

Hugs,

Sine