Delusion

Meal Prep: The Secret To Time Management Success?

8 posts in this topic

Many people claim that preparing meals for the whole week to come has helped them become more productive during a busy week, mainly because it saves time.

Soon I’ll be spending 11 hours a day working/commuting. Therefore, I’ll have to improve my morning and evening routines. So, is pre-cooking really that effective?

Eventually, I’ll come up with my own version of what works best, but I'd like to hear your insights on the topic.

You mean cooking in bulk and heating it up later?

:ph34r:

I mean preparing a variety of snacks and dishes, like cooking 4-5 different meals on Sundays. Like veggie snacks, meat, rice, combination of those, then packing/storing everything and just heating it up if necessary, yes. 

Something like this:

img_0054-1.jpg

Ah, it's actually called meal prep and not pre-cooking :D:$

I can't change the topic name, can I? 

Edited by Ivelina

I don't cook in bulk like that since I like everything as fresh as possible but I cook mostly with a rice cooker or crock pot to save a lot of time.

The only thing I really don't mind cooking in bulk is pasta. I don't cook in bulk because I feel like the microwave take a lot of the nutrients. 

Yea,  great time saver! :D I shop all the food I need on every Saturday, cook the stuff that needs to be cooked.Store it. And than I just pack my 5 daily meals in 10 mins every morning. I am not at home for about 12-15 hours every day, so to have 5 meals ready in 10/15 mins means a lot.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

Forget about meal prep, thank you so much you genius