Anlib

Selfhelp - A Neurotic Expression Of A Dysfunctional Childhood

7 posts in this topic

Why do you need self help so much? Why can't you just be yourself instead and tale the actions needed to create a powerful life. Sometimes I feel like selfhelp concepts get's dogmatic and ungenuine that I loose """"""myself"""""""""" and just become a boring overthinking person. 

Now someone in the comment section will say: why do you label "boring" as bad? It just creates suffering. Well, fuck you. 

I am not writing this to make someone angry, but more making people realizing that watching videos and theorizing about self help might just limit you. 

It's like you would say to the over-neuritic pickup guy that's been shy his whole life. Why do you need to make such a overdrive? Just go out more often and have fun and build a solid self-esteem. 

I hope you understand what I mean. If I would stop self-help I would still meditate for like 30-60 min every day. 

I don't really have any questions, just had to share my thoughts, since I kind of like self-help?

Edited by Anlib

Some people go way overboard with self help and this spirituality stuff. I get what you mean. Especially the title, it often happens that people get into self-help because their life is so fucked that the desperately need an escape. And well, self-help is the thing. It's amazing actually. Self-help is only there to tell the obvious to fucked up people and make them strong again, because they forgot the obvious. It helps them to find their power again. And since there are so many people who are fucked up today it's no wonder why self help has such an impact on people. No one knows this stuff anymore. Before I found self help I had no idea too. All those powerful concepts were around, all this was possible and I did not know. I needed self-help to teach me. Because mainstream society doesn't, it only makes you sick and fucked up.

13 minutes ago, Anlib said:

Sometimes I feel like selfhelp concepts get's dogmatic and ungenuine that I loose """"""myself"""""""""" and just become a boring overthinking person. 

That is your cue to move forward. :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@The Alchemist

Yeah, it's fucking awsome actually. But I just got that realization, like, why do I need to think so much about this. But yeah, some of Leo's ideas have truly helped me. 

2 minutes ago, Anlib said:

@The Alchemist

Yeah, it's fucking awsome actually. But I just got that realization, like, why do I need to think so much about this. But yeah, some of Leo's ideas have truly helped me. 

You don't need to think much about it and you don't need to be obsessed with it. Live your life man :D Don't let the people who are trapped in mental masturbation and delusions confuse you. This is why we have a mind that is able of critical thinking. We think for yourselves. If some ideas are good, we take it. We don't need to eat the whole cake.

On 02.03.2016 at 3:52 PM, Anlib said:

Why can't you just be yourself instead and tale the actions needed to create a powerful life.

You see, fucked up people don't really understand what it means to be "yourself" and how to do it. They are so neurotic and unaware, that by being themselves they only reinforce this behavior. Self-help is just an instrument for realising oneself. Some people make an ego out of it or use it as a form of escapism, but it's not the fault of self-help itself. 

99% of self-help I find to be trash, but when it's working it's really working. We can just use it as a tool and don't undulge too much into subculture masturbation.

P.S.: It's my 100 post, I'm so proud of myself (fap fap fap fap fap fap fap)

Edited by kalter000