Study

Don't know if I should go to school

5 posts in this topic

I took the LP course in hope that I would find my life purpose and boost my motivation level before I go off abroad to uni to study psychology. But after I finished the course yesterday, I am still clueless about what I should do. I got my impact statement, which is, “using my intuitive thinking to help people live authentically”. I am thinking about being someone who could help guide people to become authentic versions of themselves. I am not going to be a psychologist, I decided on psychology because I am interested in it but not to the highest degree. I am more passionate about PD books instead. I would love to study the heck out these books instead of going to school for 3 more years. I have already gotten a useless business degree from ABEuk. My parents want me to pursue further education and get to the point where I got the masters degree in business ideally. 

I still lack a lot of life experience as I am only 21. So I need to start making little bets to test out my passion and get closer to my LP. But should that small bet be going to school?? 

I looks like you haven't chosen a domain of mastery. (PD books are ... well ... still very general.)

Going to school is obviously not a small bet, since it isn't finished in a month or two. (Not saying don't do it.)

You need to get more specific. How do you want to interact with people? Not a psychologist, but how about coach? Teacher? Yoga instructor? You get your small bets from there.

What will you do to refine your intuition? 

How will you learn to guide people?

If you're highly intuitive, do you also need to ground yourself periodically?

I have thought that "helping people live authentically" should be my domain of mastery. But I still need to test it out with small bets and need to hone it down to a really specific thing. And again, I still don't know how I should interact with people yet. Writing? Speaking? One on one coaching? Need to test it out. I think intuition is important for my life purpose and I want to refine my intuition by meditating a lot and learning how to read people's thoughts and emotions via intuition/energy/psychic stuff. And I will need to read a lot of books on this field, how to live authentically, etc. Personally, I want to test many things out but my family says I should make school my number 1 priority. 

20 minutes ago, Study said:

I have thought that "helping people live authentically" should be my domain of mastery. 

You wrote it's your impact statement. I guess "intuitive thinking" is your zone of genius. 

Maybe something along the lines of "working with people" (preferably even more specific) could be seen as a domain of mastery. It's a real art to be cultivated. 

How about focusing on figuring out what authentically means for you at the moment and embodying it, so that you can be an example to those you're striving to lead? 

@Elisabeth I am going to get in touch with my intuition and have some self-inquiry process about what I truly want to do. This might take a while.