Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenTwizzle

Is There Such A Thing As An Empath, I Think I'm One, Just Realising It

2 posts in this topic

I sort of had an epiphany today, keeps happening regularly. But, the one thing I've heard about but never paid much attention to is empaths, but I now realize that I identify with that and wonder does anyone experience what I do. I take on everyone's problems as if they are my own. I feel their pain as if it is my own, I can't watch sad movies because I will live their pain from the movie! Jeeeesh! like I don't have enough of my own problems. I know this from when I was a child and everything would be fine in my world, but if someone I knew was having a problem, I would live through their problem as if it were mine and couldn't let it go until they solved it and then I would feel better. Yeah, greenhorn here, but, that answers so many questions for me because, I find myself walling myself off because I can't handle any more emotion. I so often feel like I carry everyone's problems and I feel their pain intensely and I have never gotten good at overcoming this. Thoughts? anyone

I already had the same questions because I'm too an empath by definition and of course, by lots of experiences since I understand myself as a person, it's truly and epiphany when we assume this for ourselves and the essential solution for this is to regain our own power and 'close' ourselves to the emotions of others and ambiental energetic flows that drains our energy, we have to find a way to remain with only ours, there's not a special or unique formula to do so, but there's lots of alternatives, among them are affirmations such as: "If it's not good, it's not mine", "I close my soul to bad influences and only accept what is good for me", "I'm pure perfection and I'm a channel to the unique source to express itself", "I'm a part of the world, but I don't accept its bad influences", etc... There's lot of possible youtube channels that may help in the searchg, among them Matt Kahn, Mooji/Gangaji, Eckhart Tolle and short videos about the empath topic https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=empath, wish you the luck and you're not alone ;)

Obs: Sorrry by some misspelling, english it's not my mother tongue.