FeelFree

Enlightened physicist

3 posts in this topic

I've recently become very pussionate about physics and I wonder if there's someone who understands science, especially physics, and is enlightened at the same time. I'd love to chat with them.

That's a pretty difficult combination to find. But it seems that some great scientists grasped it intellectually, I guess. 

Here are some quotes from great physicists, for instance : 

“What is done by what is called myself is, I feel, done by something greater than myself in me.”  - James C Maxwell

“There is no out there out there” -  John Wheeler

“If the moon, in the act of completing its eternal way around the earth, were gifted with self-consciousness, it would feel thoroughly convinced that it was traveling its way of its own accord…. So would a being, endowed with higher insight and perfect intelligence, watching man and his doings, smile about man’s illusion that he was acting according to his own free will.” - Albert Einstein

(The image was taken from Wheeler's book "Gravitation")

main-qimg-6322e27c0c79d1a519a18acf5b1a47cc-c.jpg

Edited by Nature

@FeelFree I don’t understand it anymore than I am enlightened, but I enjoy them and have been actively interested in both for many years. I’m assuming you’re talking about qm’s (vs physics). Forgive me if my assumption is wrong. I think Neils Bohr is my favorite. He was one smart dude:

419DCBDB-D8D0-4218-A322-50E228598A4B.jpeg

9CF7B35F-0F35-4FA8-9002-832908095E8A.png

I discovered Bohr when I was into reading about Einstein. I remember reading their famous (I think) convo after the Copenhagen gathering, when they were reeling in the ‘results’ of their lab test on Young’s double slit & kicking off superposition, and Einstein asks Bohr if he really believes the moon’s not there when he’s not looking at it, I think Einstein says something like God does not play dice with the universe (confirming his determinism) and Bohr says, don’t tell God what to do. I thought, this Bohr guy’s an arrogant idiot! I was so happy when I discovered I was the arrogant idiot! QM’s was not shocking to me for years of learning about it, then one day, on a trip, glad I had it in the foundation, very shocking indeed. 

How about you? Got a favorite? What turned you on to it?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE